Silkie thread!

If you can a picture may help but I am also a new silkie owner so I might not be able to help

Sorry, I'm a cheapy and don't have a working camera or an iPhone, so I can't provide good photos :( Maybe I'll try later with my iPad, but in the past I've had trouble uploading iPad photos to forums. Gah...

Ok, I have 6 chicks that have hatched and 5 are doing well but I'm looking at the one and only blue and I swear it doesn't have a tail and it's right leg is kind of popped out looking and the other one that hatched at the same time is up and running around and this one is still stumbling and falling over. It just looks funny........

Here are some pics of little funny looking chick.

I had a chick a couple of hatches ago that was rumpless. It was an odd looking little thing, didn't have any leg problems though. But, I did have a hard time keeping its hiney clean well past the pasty butt stage, so you may want to keep an eye that.
I'm not sure about the leg, the way you're describing it, it doesn't sound splayed?

Edited to add- I'd try to hobble it (I use bread ties instead of band aids since Silkies have feathered legs) and see if that leg straightens up.

Last edited:

Here is one of my favorite Sizzles! Her father is a porcelain silkie and mother a grey sizzle.
It is an addicting hobby for sure!!
love.gif

Lovely! I have a couple of Silkie hens in this color. (been meaning to take some pics of them...) I hatched them out last year, but I have no clue who their parents were lol! Mine looked like little diluted pale partridges as hatchlings... anyone know what color would they be considered?

Last edited:
We are saying with my grandparents. They don't have any power either but have gas stove and papaw finally decided that it was worth pulling out the generator since we didn't have power yet.

Little silkie mix didn't make it. :(. I understand that happens but it still sucks.

All four ducks are still alive and in different stages of hatching.

No word on when power will be restored.

Very sorry you lost him

Sorry, I'm a cheapy and don't have a working camera or an iPhone, so I can't provide good photos :(  Maybe I'll try later with my iPad, but in the past I've had trouble uploading iPad photos to forums.  Gah...

Sounds like it might be mites, there is a tiny red mite that looks like little red spots.

Back
Top Bottom