Silkie thread!

[COLOR=333333]I have a 10 week old silkie that has recently recovered from wry neck. Today, she's more sluggish than usual, and her stool appears to be bloody. For a normal chick, I'd start her on corid immediately, which I keep in case of emergency. Should I treat, or could it make her sick?[/COLOR]

[COLOR=333333]Thank you.[/COLOR]

As you have already experienced thiamin deficiency with your little one , I would avoid amprolium. It is a thiamine inhibitor . Di- methox , sulfadimethoxine contains Albon . Try her on a little buttermilk in the meantime. Seminolewind has a link on where to purchase the meds. :)

I have a few hatchery silkies that are three weeks old. The black ones seem to be growing gracefully but the white ones look so ugly right now. Super friendly and cute of course, but definitely not pretty. They are mostly all white but don't have very thick feathers so you see their skin in spots and it looks very wispy and not fluffy at all. How long does it take for them to grow out of this stage? They are from Ideal and I know some people have very cute silkies from there, although I know they will still only represent hatchery silkies. Just curious as to what the stages look like.

My silkies are either hatchery stock of offspring of hatchery stock. My white roo has a mulberry colored comb and his feathers aren't very silky. Yours may get fluffier, but with hatcheries you never know.

I have a few hatchery silkies that are three weeks old.  The black ones seem to be growing gracefully but the white ones look so ugly right now.  Super friendly and cute of course, but definitely not pretty.  They are mostly all white but don't have very thick feathers so you see their skin in spots and it looks very wispy and not fluffy at all.  How long does it take for them to grow out of this stage?  They are from Ideal and I know some people have very cute silkies from there, although I know they will still only represent hatchery silkies.  Just curious as to what the stages look like.  

This one is right at 3 weeks old. Got eggs locally. My first silkies. Does yours look like this. These are all from the same hatch. Two partridge and two white(I think).

This one is right at 3 weeks old. Got eggs locally. My first silkies. Does yours look like this. These are all from the same hatch. Two partridge and two white(I think).
I wish! Yours already has a nice crest starting.

Here's mine. Although to be fair they are really only 2.7 weeks old. However, they are still far from looking like that.

Hi,

My silkie chick that recently recovered wry neck has developed another problem. She's extremely lethargic and weak, and she isn't digesting her food. Her crop has been full for a day now, but she's still pooping. It looks really weird and gross. Occasionally it'll be bloody, it's almost always yellow and foamy.

Is it too late for her? Every night we think she isn't going to make it until morning, but she always does.

Back
Top Bottom