Silkie thread!

[COLOR=333333]Hi,[/COLOR]

[COLOR=333333]My silkie chick that recently recovered wry neck has developed another problem. She's extremely lethargic and weak, and she isn't digesting her food. Her crop has been full for a day now, but she's still pooping. It looks really weird and gross. Occasionally it'll be bloody, it's almost always yellow and foamy. [/COLOR]

[COLOR=333333]Is it too late for her? Every night we think she isn't going to make it until morning, but she always does.[/COLOR]

I did, but with no luck. I was hoping someone here would have an idea.

At this point I'd try Di-Methox if I were you... if it's cocci and that bad, Corid may not be enough... and with yellow, foamy poop it sounds more like a possible infection... just my 2 cents... hope she gets better...

Does anyone know what color this is

Looks like probably splash, but can't see too clear... what were parent colors?

At this point I'd try Di-Methox if I were you... if it's cocci and that bad, Corid may not be enough... and with yellow, foamy poop it sounds more like a possible infection... just my 2 cents... hope she gets better...
As you have already experienced thiamin deficiency with your little one , I would avoid amprolium. It is a thiamine inhibitor . Di- methox , sulfadimethoxine contains Albon . Try her on a little buttermilk in the meantime. Seminolewind has a link on where to purchase the meds.
smile.png

So you think it's Cocci? I should PM Seminolewind on where to buy Di-Methox.

What is the dosage, and will we be able to eat her eggs when she starts laying?

Thanks.

Last edited:
Thank you. It says for broilers and replacement chickens. Does this mean I will not be able to consume her eggs?

EDIT: It's not available for purchase.

PM @seminolewind. She had purchased it recently, someone else was having difficulty finding it.
Sulfadimethoxine ( di methox ) contains Albon and is specifically for treatment. Most birds respond nicely to amprolium but as your little one has suffered with wryneck , di methox is your best bet.
Sulfadimazine has more of a ' bolous ' effect and is more of a preventative.
Offer the chick some buttermilk in the meantime, it will help to alleviate the discomfort associated with the constant shedding of the stomach lining.
You will need to treat the entire flock.

Back
Top Bottom