Silkie thread!

Thank you howdunkyisyourchicken!! Now I need to go figure out the difference and what that means lol
1f604.png
1f606.png

Do a forum search for Sizzles, theres a thread for them :) They're basically Silkies with normal feathers. My avatar is a frizzled Sizzle :D

Last edited:
That chick looks like it had splayed leg. I don't know exactly what causes it, but having chicks on a slippery surface like magazines defiantly does't help fix it. When I had it in the past I took a band-aid and wrapped it around the chick's legs so that they were about 1/2 in apart. I don't know how far apart for bantams though... I hope that it does better!

Last edited:
We followed the directions your friends here have already guided you to. Here's what our treatment looked like :

Little bugger feel asleep on the heating pad while we were putting the Band Aids on. That' was this weekend. Left them on for two days and he's fine, now.

As long as you apply the brace early there is a high rate of success. Glad that you caught it in time. Lucky chickee. :)

Is it common for another silkie hen to go broody and steal another's hens nest. My gray silky has been sitting on her nest for 2 weeks, and now my black one just went broody today and stole the others nest.

Ok I am thinking only maybe 3 is a cock and e rest are hens but I would wait until u get another perspective as I have never seen a Silkie in person but I will soon be a breeder of the breed

Back
Top Bottom