Silkie thread!

Hi looking for any helpful tips . I have about 10 silkie chickens. Not the big beautiful show type but the "you know they are silkies"also they do all have that extra toe. they are nice and have good foot fluff and whatnot. I've done 5 hatches from all of them in total so far . All very silkie like . All chicks came out wonderful except today I so far have had one chick hatch with white legs ??? Now I know that's not silkie because their skin is black but all my birds have and have had black legs and show all silkie . Photos are of parent birds and chick from today. Looking for any advice thanks :)

Hi looking for any helpful tips . I have about 10 silkie chickens. Not the big beautiful show type but the "you know they are silkies"also they do all have that extra toe. they are nice and have good foot fluff and whatnot. I've done 5 hatches from all of them in total so far . All very silkie like . All chicks came out wonderful except today I so far have had one chick hatch with white legs ??? Now I know that's not silkie because their skin is black but all my birds have and have had black legs and show all silkie . Photos are of parent birds and chick from today. Looking for any advice thanks :)

Sometimes Silkie chicks can have pink skin when they first hatch and while they are little. I've had a silkie chick born with pink that skin that turned black when it was older. That could happen with yours. Don't know what causes the pink skin. The chick I had was from hatching eggs I bought from a breeder with show winning parents. All her silkies were SQ. So I don't know if it's from problems with the parents not being fullbred.

Back
Top Bottom