Silkie thread!

Hi everyone! We've had yearling silkies for about a month now, and got out first chicks last week at the Maryland Poultry Swap. Two Buff-Partridges, and were told they were 2-3 weeks respectfully at that time. If that were the case, theyd be 3 and 4 weeks now, in the pictures ive attached.

So, how close would you say those estimates were! ;)

Last edited:
Hi guys I don't know what breed she is but I need opinions her eye don't look good one fine the other looks very dirty and watery and foamy what could it be and how could I help her? two pic are bad eye last one is good eye?

Hi guys I don't know what breed she is but I need opinions her eye don't look good one fine the other looks very dirty and watery and foamy what could it be and how could I help her? two pic are bad eye last one is good eye?

Bubbly eyes are usually a symptom of upper respiratory disease. Coryza or mycoplasma would be my guess. Does she have any other symptoms? I would isolate the bird and Start her on a course of antibiotics, Terramycin eye drops might be helpful.

Last edited:

Maybe she got something in it and it's getting infected? I would maybe call a vet's and see what they suggest and then find some chicken friendly antibiotic eyedrops to give to her. Poor baby!!!

[/quote

Something "may" have gotten in her eye and is irritating it. Sterile saline flush (can get at Walmart or any drug store) and Terramycin msy be in order. BUT.. if she has any other symptoms like sneezing. ..lethargy...discharge from nostrils and/or eyes...then it is probably upper respiratory disease which is VERY contagious to other birds. If this is the case....isolate her and start on Tylan-50

Thanks For Replying Guys She has Ben sneezing I heard her once since I too he from the coop there are about 20 other or more chickens in there I'm just hoping its not a respiratory infection!

Thanks For Replying Guys She has Ben sneezing I heard her once since I too he from the coop there are about 20 other or more chickens in there I'm just hoping its not a respiratory infection!

My polish bantams got that. We took them to the vet and they were diagnosed with a bacterial infection. Luckily we already had started antibiotics that we got from tractor supply. They started looking better after about a week of treatment. It was really contagious though. All of them eventually caught it. Hope that helps.

Back
Top Bottom