Silkie thread!

I used some pipe-cleaners bent to toe shapes and then wrapped them on with some vet wrap. Both of her feet were curled over and she was walking on the sides of her feet. She is walking flat footed now, so I just hope it works to at least allow her to use the feet. View attachment 1048139

So after 2 days I came out and found that Hope had gotten off one of her bandages. After taking it off completely, I found that she is now walking on the bottom of that foot. However, the small toe still curves under a little. But she is no longer walking on the side of her foot. The other is still wrapped, because i checked it yesterday and it needed more attention.
And the feathers on her butt seem to be coming in.

image.jpg

So after 2 days I came out and found that Hope had gotten off one of her bandages. After taking it off completely, I found that she is now walking on the bottom of that foot. However, the small toe still curves under a little. But she is no longer walking on the side of her foot. The other is still wrapped, because i checked it yesterday and it needed more attention.
And the feathers on her butt seem to be coming in.

View attachment 1049816

I'd reapply and leave it a bit longer. Sometimes they will curl back if you take it off too soon

I'd reapply and leave it a bit longer. Sometimes they will curl back if you take it off too soon

I am thinking that it is not going to get much better. I was feeling her little feet bones and they are solid, not only that, she has six toes on one of her feet... 3 on one larger toe... I am thinking that she just has a couple birth defects. The fact that she is carrying herself on the feet instead of on the sides now, should keep them pretty flat... She will never be normal however. She is active and happy, so I do not think I want to upset her anymore than I already have... She may be a he though, because she started standing up straighter and walking better after taking off the wraps.

These two are from me crossing two very different partridge lines. The females always look like this in the first generation. Second generation they look like they are supposed to. The baby is 8 weeks, her half sister is 34 weeks. Please ignore the flat front of the hen's crest. She likes to dunk her head then rub it against the fence to flatten it so she can see.
IMG_1667.jpg
IMG_1661aa.jpg

These two are from me crossing two very different partridge lines. The females always look like this in the first generation. Second generation they look like they are supposed to. The baby is 8 weeks, her half sister is 34 weeks. Please ignore the flat front of the hen's crest. She likes to dunk her head then rub it against the fence to flatten it so she can see.
View attachment 1049973 View attachment 1049960

Lol she is creative! Haha well I feed fermented feed. I want to post some of mine but oh my they are forever having it stuck in chunks on their heads and chest and feet. It takes weeks before they only have it on their feet...
They never seem to give up standing in muck!

Ok I could use some advise! I did the unthinkable and tried to defy fat! The two chicks now with moo where with a chicken who is hatching egg the first time and half way thru the process of getting out the egg got squashed. so I moved them with moo who quickly started trying to pull the shell off so I helped her then had to bring them all three in and wash the babies because the inner shell was stuck to them! moo was ok with this because my chicken maybe get to much love lol I hand feed them when they are broody! Now to the point I think something is wrong with the yellow ones neck how will I know if its hurt or just tired what do I do?? Then the black one still has hard stuff on it's back should I try to wash it again or it will get better on its own?

19415940_1614585788572035_282250256_n.jpg
19415722_1614585805238700_1833437315_n.jpg
19441117_1614585818572032_755705103_n.jpg
19415956_1614585868572027_1740593578_n.jpg
19458186_1614585841905363_2059353605_n.jpg

Ok I could use some advise! I did the unthinkable and tried to defy fat! The two chicks now with moo where with a chicken who is hatching egg the first time and half way thru the process of getting out the egg got squashed. so I moved them with moo who quickly started trying to pull the shell off so I helped her then had to bring them all three in and wash the babies because the inner shell was stuck to them! moo was ok with this because my chicken maybe get to much love lol I hand feed them when they are broody! Now to the point I think something is wrong with the yellow ones neck how will I know if its hurt or just tired what do I do?? Then the black one still has hard stuff on it's back should I try to wash it again or it will get better on its own?

View attachment 1050383 View attachment 1050382 View attachment 1050385 View attachment 1050384 View attachment 1050386

I was kind of confused at your post. But the one with the head turned up , probably wry neck. Poly visol without iron. It's sold in the infant vitamin section most places. I found it at CVS and made by enfamil. I add it to moist feed for all chicks the first few days. But she needs it. I also give Nutradrench, a drop on the beak to chicks as I pull them out of the bator and add them to the brooder (since they probably won't eat the first day anyway).

Back
Top Bottom