Silkie thread!

Here is what I would call a penciled gray silkie and a Gray partridge silkie. What do others think. A new color in my program.
IMG_20181005_115828810.jpg
IMG_20181005_115831279.jpg
IMG_20181005_115241411.jpg

I
IMG_20181005_115238713.jpg

My Silkie doesn't have a name yet. He is 7 1/2 weeks old. I've known he was a boy since he was 4 weeks old. His comb is going to be HUGE! He is a bossy little muppet and he likes to let his flock mates know he wants to be top dog. Well, yesterday morning this happened: :gig

Here are a few pics of him that I took yesterday.
IMG_3976.JPG
IMG_3984.JPG
IMG_3997.JPG

My Silkie doesn't have a name yet. He is 7 1/2 weeks old. I've known he was a boy since he was 4 weeks old. His comb is going to be HUGE! He is a bossy little muppet and he likes to let his flock mates know he wants to be top dog. Well, yesterday morning this happened: :gig

Here are a few pics of him that I took yesterday.
View attachment 1569624 View attachment 1569625 View attachment 1569626

Very cute. This is why I'm glad my boys don't mature enough to crow until around 6 months old. Your boy should never sound like a dying cat though.

Very cute. This is why I'm glad my boys don't mature enough to crow until around 6 months old. Your boy should never sound like a dying cat though.

It reminds me of the squeak boys get going through puberty :gig
I am sure he'll get the kinks worked out before long.
I read that some cockerels can crow early and some can crow later on. I was kind of surprised mine did his first squeak at only 7 1/2 weeks old.

The old lady almost done with her molt. Hopefully she won't go broody again before spring. That's asking a lot since she goes broody 3-4 times a year. She's one of the best mothers I've ever had. No sneaking chicks to her. Just put them in front of her after she's been on the nest a couple days. She'll take care of them.

I think she's around 6 or 7. Was adult when I got her. She's to blame for the huge crests in my flock, even though her's is the smallest. All of her offspring have had huge ones. Whatever genes she has produced very good body shape and feathering in her descendants when crossed into the other lines I used. The super friendliness is from her as well.

20181017_170014.jpg

Back
Top Bottom