Silkie thread!

Purina Flockraiser 20%, or if there are just adult hens in the pen, they may get Nutrena Egg Producer 20% even though pellets aren't their favorite.

During molt I mix in some game bird 28%.

I found the commercial brands seem to be similar as far as vitamins. Usually it’s an all flock or gamebird feed I choose. So rather than brand I focus on 20%protein, low calcium (because I have roosters and a lot of juveniles that aren’t laying) and then freshness I look for manufacturer date with 6 weeks of the day I’m buying. You want to be able to use what you buy within 3 months of that date, nutrition starts to deteriorate at that point. You can go alittle longer in the winter when it’s cooler and less humid.

Hi all! Meet my newest Fraggles! 20180920_173052.jpg 20180920_172934.jpg 20180920_152459.jpg

I haven't been on this thread in a while. It has been a very busy summer. Hope everyone is doing well and enjoying your Silkies. I haven't taken many pictures of my silkies this summer. I had so many cockerals hatch in the early spring and summer this year I had a hard time getting rid of them and my hens are finally looking good again. I did get some Grey and pretty Blue Splash this summer in my breeding progtram. Will have some new pics soon.
IMG_20180904_163330955.jpg

Back
Top Bottom