Silkie thread!

I know it. I like him!! I didnt even notice the beak before until someone here mentioned it. I dont have anyone laying right now, well one is, but the shells are too soft and they're smashing :( twice now. I hoped that the oyster shells were going to work, but not yet. I don't know if it is my almost 2 year old girl, or if it is one of the 6 month olds. I doubt it is a 6 month old since that is pretty young for a silkie, right? It must be my older girl.

IDk... my older girl isn't that fluffy. I don't know how breeding quality will be. She isn't bad looking though.

do you think she is ok to breed with either the black one I posted or my splash? Do you think anything decent will become of it? My son just wants to breed some for a while to sell to make a little $. I figured we'd give it a try and sell to friends at first and see how it goes?
here is my splash.

he's only 6 months as well. I don't know if either of the roosters are fertile yet. I haven't seen any dancing etc LOL.

and the other 2 girls (who I hope are girls) aren't old enough yet. the splash is just 4 months, and the blue is 6 months.

I know it. I like him!! I didnt even notice the beak before until someone here mentioned it. I dont have anyone laying right now, well one is, but the shells are too soft and they're smashing :( twice now. I hoped that the oyster shells were going to work, but not yet. I don't know if it is my almost 2 year old girl, or if it is one of the 6 month olds. I doubt it is a 6 month old since that is pretty young for a silkie, right? It must be my older girl.

IDk... my older girl isn't that fluffy. I don't know how breeding quality will be. She isn't bad looking thou

do you think she is ok to breed with either the black one I posted or my splash? Do you think anything decent will become of it? My son just wants to breed some for a while to sell to make a little $. I figured we'd give it a try and sell to friends at first and see how it goes?
here is my splash.

he's only 6 months as well. I don't know if either of the roosters are fertile yet. I haven't seen any dancing etc LOL.

and the other 2 girls (who I hope are girls) aren't old enough yet. the splash is just 4 months, and the blue is 6 months.
I like the wings on the hen to the right of the last picture. Nice and tight :)

Was I the one that mentioned the beak? I think I did a couple months back.

I like the wings on the hen to the right of the last picture. Nice and tight :)

Was I the one that mentioned the beak? I think I did a couple months back.
I did
hide.gif
I noticed it when they first posted a picture. You can breed blue/black/splash together safely. It could be your pullet, my friend's pullets have always started laying at 6 months. My blue is from her and I just put her outside with the other two since it is nice and warm today and my rooster immediately tried to mate her
idunno.gif
she's only 5 months. He doesn't bother trying to mate my hen, and she still hasn't layed any eggs even at 11 months old
he.gif

I'm pretty sure that is Pompette, the almost 2 year old one. the one shown with my daughter.
Your daughter is so adorable :)

The wings look different between the two pictures. But she looks just like my Pearl, who is the mother of all of my birds (pretty much). She gives off really good chicks even though she isn't considered quality herself.

My silkie hen<3 born last spring. my 2 roosters started to crow.. they need their times right!! lol i dont feel like getting up at 1:30 am lol

^^^-- HIs free if anyone wants him. i really do not want 3 roosters lol and his brother as well. great birds. ~My hen is not for sale~

I have been wondering when my Silkie girls will start laying. I got them the first week of August, and they were about 1 week old at that time. How long does it typically take? I have two girls and one Silkie Roo, who is very feisty. He and I have had a few squabbles lately, but I think he's finally getting the picture that I am in charge.

One of my two girls is extremely small. So much so that I wonder if it is some sort of defect. I couldn't find any pics of her, only a video. What are your thoughts, wise Silkie people?
old.gif

Sunny the Roo (he's the white one in the front...not very good feathering on the legs)

Buttercup

Video of little Al (the tiny one) practicing her singing voice. She is the one standing on the pile of wood in the beginning. You can see her next to my other Silkies and larger hens as a point of reference. Pardon the sawing in the background. We were still doing coop construction
smile.png

Your daughter is so adorable :)

The wings look different between the two pictures. But she looks just like my Pearl, who is the mother of all of my birds (pretty much). She gives off really good chicks even though she isn't considered quality herself.

genetics sure are funny, huh? wow!

Well, I only have two blues, Pompette and peppermint. Here is peppermint.

We'll give this whole chicks thing a try and see how it goes. I'm anxious to see how long it takes until everyone is fertile and someone goes broody LOL

Back
Top Bottom