Silkie thread!

I have a question about Nori. I am wondering if she has sour crop. I just gave her a bath because she was covered in poop. Her crop is large and squishy like it's full of air. I don't know if it's water or air, she did drink a lot today I saw her. I put ACV in their water every day and put an especially large dose in today. She has been having normal bowel movements that I know of (she just did on my floor) and pretty sure she has been eating also. She hasn't layed an egg in a couple days though and has been consistant every other day since she started last week. She is acting normal otherwise. Should I seperate her just in case and just give her the water with ACV until her crop empties?

Here she is, she's hangin with Ice. It's girl's night!

It does sound like it...I hope she pulls through it ...unfortunately i have not had a good experience with the two times my LF got it...keep us updated
Husband and I had a wonderful visit to Catdance Farm and a lovely visit with Karen and her husband. I got to see all of the pens that the Catdance hatching eggs come out of. Also got a fantastic tour of all the barns.

A couple of her project pens smoked my head!

This is just one of her Porcelain pens.

This Lavender pen was incredible. That color is so beautiful in person. Pictures do not do it justice!
love.gif

Three more days until I do the seven day candle on my twenty four Catdance eggs I picked up at the farm. I'm really hoping for Lavender and Porcelains to be fertile. But...If they aren't I will go back to the farm and purchase a pair in person. I've got Buffs on order from her. Pick up possibly in July or August. Love love love Silkies.
thank you for sharing your wonderful trip with us...i love seeing the pics of Karen's farm...
Just wanted to post some pics enjoying a sunny day on our new lawn

And the girls siting on some eggs

wow...all that green grass and space...beautiful

Hi Everyone,
Finally an update on my wryneck chick. I honestly didn't think I would ever be able to post this, but she actually stayed "untwisted" all morning today! Yesterday was the first time she could take some bites of food without her neck twisting upside down in between bites. And, then last night she stayed untwisted for awhile after eating (in her box). This morning when we checked on her first thing -we were shocked that her head was actually upright.....still. Her neck is still sort of cocked to the left, but not upside down. Another good sign is that she has actually taken a couple of steps to the right instead of her confused, unending circles to the left. Until yesterday, we really didn't think she had a chance to recover! She showed really no signs of improvement for over 2 weeks and then yesterday was like a miracle.

I think the most discouraging part was trying to feed her and when she went back into the box (or carrier) she would poop and then drag her head and roll uncontrollably in it ..........poor thing was so stinky and pitiful. I actually had to cut away some of the encrusted feathering before her eyes got stuck shut.
sad.png
We lined the box with paper towels that were changed often, but she always seemed to get covered in poo. It helped to move her to a smaller box with less floorspace. This mentioned just as a heads up in case others have to deal with a wryneck chick.

Everyone was encouraging, but a special thanks to Chicksnherps, Peepsblessed and TurtlePowerTrav and one other person who sent a helpful link. Without you guys insisting that the chick COULD get better, I would have given up hope long ago. By the way after spending all that time with her, I finally settled on an appropriate name: Hazey Daisy
smile.png
We were all pulling for her yeah!!!!!
thumbsup.gif

Hi Everyone,
Finally an update on my wryneck chick. I honestly didn't think I would ever be able to post this, but she actually stayed "untwisted" all morning today! Yesterday was the first time she could take some bites of food without her neck twisting upside down in between bites. And, then last night she stayed untwisted for awhile after eating (in her box). This morning when we checked on her first thing -we were shocked that her head was actually upright.....still. Her neck is still sort of cocked to the left, but not upside down. Another good sign is that she has actually taken a couple of steps to the right instead of her confused, unending circles to the left. Until yesterday, we really didn't think she had a chance to recover! She showed really no signs of improvement for over 2 weeks and then yesterday was like a miracle.

I think the most discouraging part was trying to feed her and when she went back into the box (or carrier) she would poop and then drag her head and roll uncontrollably in it ..........poor thing was so stinky and pitiful. I actually had to cut away some of the encrusted feathering before her eyes got stuck shut.
sad.png
We lined the box with paper towels that were changed often, but she always seemed to get covered in poo. It helped to move her to a smaller box with less floorspace. This mentioned just as a heads up in case others have to deal with a wryneck chick.

Everyone was encouraging, but a special thanks to Chicksnherps, Peepsblessed and TurtlePowerTrav and one other person who sent a helpful link. Without you guys insisting that the chick COULD get better, I would have given up hope long ago. By the way after spending all that time with her, I finally settled on an appropriate name: Hazey Daisy
smile.png
We were all pulling for her yeah!!!!!
thumbsup.gif

It does sound like it...I hope she pulls through it ...unfortunately i have not had a good experience with the two times my LF got it...keep us updated
thank you for sharing your wonderful trip with us...i love seeing the pics of Karen's farm...
wow...all that green grass and space...beautiful
I love Karens farm! It is immaculate! Did you meet her German Shepard? A real sweetie, when I picked up my porcelain hens frm her I swear he was gonna give one a slurp!
lol.png

The woman who sold me Toulouse is going to take the first free batch of eggs to tell me if they develop, then I will sell some more as I collect them each week. I can let you know how they do
big_smile.png
I'm thinking right after I move Toulouse out I will let Nori sit on a few to hatch, should be warm enough by then.

Does $1 per egg sound reasonable or should I go less? I'm not very familiar with hatching eggs, but I see them go for more than that.
$1 an egg is very reasonable. Just PM me when you have them available and we will set something up, anytime, no rush.

Back
Top Bottom