Silkie thread!

If anything, being outsid eto forage will be good for them =) But I do believe a hen has to be broody for the term of the eggs to accept chicks. A broody hen who has been brooding for only a short period of time will also reject the chicks.
ok they will like that and I will let my silkie go broody if she is goin to and see if she hatches eggs out on her own
big_smile.png

I used to have a brown silkie named Chewbacca, now I have a little buff hen named Elko! This is my baby Elko pictured below!
She is a little over a month old now! She is adorable! By the way this is my copyright for my photography!
6711_501800146521941_786092689_n.jpg

It depends on where you got it. Feed store/hatchery silkies never really get as 'fluffy' as chicks from show breeders, although they still can have the sweet personalities and broodiness of the silkie breed. My chicks personally start getting fluffy and 'awkward' at around 4 weeks.

The little thing looks like it has a tiny head attached to a big body. And look at that hair-do!!
lau.gif
I love the awkward stages of the Silkie chicks.

This is by far the silliest chick I have ever met! She's been burrowing in my hair, trying to type on my keyboard with me, running around me like a maniac, and eating my shirt... all with her little purple booties on! =D

AAAAAANNNNDDDD... now we're pooped
lol.png

Miss Personality, huh?
lau.gif

I used to have a brown silkie named Chewbacca, now I have a little buff hen named Elko! This is my baby Elko pictured below!
She is a little over a month old now! She is adorable! By the way this is my copyright for my photography!
6711_501800146521941_786092689_n.jpg
Very nice picture!

He is just a big ole baby! Haha.
He is. Super whiney too. If she is out of his sight in the yard he freaks out.I can pick her up to move them both because he will follow her everywhere. It's pretty funny. I was just worried the sleeping thing was that he didnt feel well. I have only had them 2 days, he got a little warm outside today. He was panting pretty hard. I think he gets worked up if she isnt right next to him too. They make the funniest noises.

He is. Super whiney too. If she is out of his sight in the yard he freaks out.I can pick her up to move them both because he will follow her everywhere. It's pretty funny. I was just worried the sleeping thing was that he didnt feel well. I have only had them 2 days, he got a little warm outside today. He was panting pretty hard. I think he gets worked up if she isnt right next to him too. They make the funniest noises.

Haha!

My little black Silkie, Sootie, has decided its time to go broody...the thing is I have no rooster, and she's sitting on no eggs!
Had to take her out of the nesting box, and carry her through the trees to her friends five times, but she still ended up going back! I give up
hu.gif

On another note, last night when picking her up to go onto the perch her right wing sat awkwardly against the top of her back. I was terrified that I'd dislocated or broken her wing! All the joints felt the same on both wings, and after a little wing massaging she was able to return it back to her side, and it hasn't seemed to bother her since. Any ideas on what this could've been about?

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom