Silkie thread!

mamma and babies came back to forage again, so I put the baby back out with them
smile.png
Yay! Glad she excepted it ok.

Then how come when I got to like Wilco they have the silkie bantams and others but there tag as just silkies

My first thought was ....that's why you don't buy chickens at a gas station. Here wilco is a gas station but it sounds like a feed store from the other posts.

This is my first silkie hatched last year. My first purebred silkie ever. He is a big boy now & starting to crow! He is dirty but thought I would post his pic & see what you all thought. His name is Ozzie. He is kinda of a quirky little guy probably because he resides at the bottom of the pecking order! Thanks
Pure filth. I wouldn't even post a picture of a chicken that dirty. LOL. You should see my white hen that free ranges and likes to play in the mud. She is red/brown right now. He's a good looking boy.

workin those shots are beautiful :)

My first little silkies are at that "what the heck happened to you" stage.
I don't know why - but that stage is my absolute favorite stage. The gawky teenage stage with the firecracker tails and hair up in rollers.. It goes away so quickly (sort of like the fluffy down stage) but they are just adorable! Mine are at the "little adult" stage - mini copies of what they will be when they get bigger:

As you can see she won best variety ( only one ) and reserve breed out of three other silkies. The other person didn't show up because they are in Europe for vacation.
You won 2 out of three, you won because you showed, and next time you will have more information about showing again. She looks tired, I bet she is glad to be back home. Give us some pictures when she recovers, she looks nice (I like beardless Silkies)..

Back
Top Bottom