Silkie thread!

hatched two Buff Silkie and one EE/mix yesterday. Both Silkies are vaulted and one is a huge vault. Both parents are non-vaulted.

I have a 4 week old silkie chick, pictured below. I thought it would be pure white however it has just started to sprout buff coloured feathers from its neck. Does anyone know what colour it will be? Thanks! [COLOR=333333] [/COLOR]
Could be a white leaking buff. I've had one before that did that.

Well, that didn't take long. Ella laid her fourth egg this morning and promptly went broody on it. She's been sitting on it all day. Unfortunately it's not fertile and we don't yet have roosters old enough to do that service. I'm not going to break her broodiness yet. Thunderhead is suddenly not doing well and she's so attached to him, I think it's a good idea she has something else to occupy her mind if he goes in the next couple of days.
hit.gif
If that happens, I'm going to take steps to reintroduce her to the coop. I think first I'll put my other loner silkie in with her and let them become friends so they at least have each other's backs when I feel they're ready for the coop. Of course Thunderhead may just be having an off day. It's been over 100 degrees F the last three days and maybe the heat's just got him beat down. Our mudroom doesn't have air conditioning and it's gotten hot in there even though I've had a fan going and the door to the house open. Time will tell. **** chickens.

Here are pictures of two of the girls at the show yesterday. At one point it was 107 degrees in the barn so they released us early. It was a nerve wracking day, but fun.

I have a 4 week old silkie chick, pictured below. I thought it would be pure white however it has just started to sprout buff coloured feathers from its neck. Does anyone know what colour it will be? Thanks!

Could it possibly poo or food? It appears to be the same color as the smudge on the white towel.

Back
Top Bottom