Silkie thread!

Well, Are you SURE they are pullets and not cockerels?  Mine usually start laying by about 9 months, but I've had a couple go over a year before they laid their first egg.

Pretty sure they are all girls, I'm hoping they are just late starters and I'm happy not to have any eggs until spring but my other half is not seeing the benefits of my lovely silkies. I've uploaded pics of all of them. What do you think? Xx

My daughter is getting ready for a show and we added too much bluing to the water!
Any hope of getting it out?
I would love your successful tips.
Thanks!

I love my poof balls lol

So for those of you who don't know, Icelynn hasn't been doing well. She has had an egg stuck inside her for over a week. At first we all(including my vet) thought it was eggbinding, but no matter what we did it just would not come out. After talking to Peter Brown we came to the conclusion she was most likely an "internal layer" and the egg is actually inside her abdominal cavity just floating around. I attempted a surgical procedure myself, making a small incision (1/2 inch) to see if I could see the egg. But it was deeper than it felt and I saw more membrane than I was comfortable cutting into so I just sewed her back up. Peter and I decided to try to get her to stop laying eggs so she's been off food and water for 24 hours. Just came home today to find she layed a "rubber" egg =) So that means she CAN still pass eggs, but i'm still going to try to keep her from laying to give her a much needed break. The egg inside her body cavity might be re-absorbed, but most likely will be walled off and remain there forever. She should be able to live with it. Unfortunately if it doesn't re-absorb I will never be able to show her =/

Back
Top Bottom