Silkie thread!

My mystery rumpless splash with the weird-looking vent finally has a known gender. She went broody today. I thought our white silkie Cottonball had started laying eggs, but I found Pinto in a nest all flattened out surrounded by her own feathers warming an egg. For as much good as it did, I gave her a look-over and am keeping my fingers crossed that she'll keep passing eggs with no problems. I guess we should call her Pinta now. T This is from late September when I took her in to clean her up and she pooped on my counter. :rolleyes:
Thanks for the update, still a beautiful girl!

WOW!!! You guys all have beautiful silkies.
ya.gif

Well I've hatched a baby here that seems to have her little legs too far forward? So instead of under her, or out to the side etc, she tries to paddle her way where she wants to go. They are CAPABLE of going under her, but they keep going out front. Im not sure what to do for her? She is a strong chick and doesn't have any other issues if we could fix this? Any advice would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Last edited:
Well I've hatched a baby here that seems to have her little legs too far forward? So instead of under her, or out to the side etc, she tries to paddle her way where she wants to go. They are CAPABLE of going under her, but they keep going out front. Im not sure what to do for her? She is a strong chick and doesn't have any other issues if we could fix this? Any advice would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!
Put little hobbles on her legs. There are links on here that show how to do it. Its normal. She just doesn't have her land legs yet. She will come out of it. Just keep her from hurting herself. Maybe put her in a tea cup to keep her from flailing around. It will also encourage her to stand on them.

Here's a good link.
https://sites.google.com/a/poultrypedia.com/poultrypedia/poultry-podiatry

Put little hobbles on her legs. There are links on here that show how to do it. Its normal. She just doesn't have her land legs yet. She will come out of it. Just keep her from hurting herself. Maybe put her in a tea cup to keep her from flailing around. It will also encourage her to stand on them.
thank u!! I gave her a drop of vitamins last night and tried to put a little wrap around her legs but she kept wiggling out. Ha! But this morning I looked in, and sure enough, she has her legs under her!!! Yay! Thank you so much!! She's a little cute showgirl

Back
Top Bottom