Silkie thread!

Hello I'm expecting 8 chicks soon...maybe if they all hatch. But I was wondering what they would look like.... What do you get with : The mothers are all white hens and the fathers could be either white rooster or black rooster with some brown around his neck? Any ideas???

I have 6 eggs in the incubator(all due different dates) and they are all from my backyard flock,a silkie egg was due yesterday and still hasn't started pipping out. And I candled it from day 3 and it has been growing and growing and it's all black inside you can't see anything now except the little air pocket at the bottom. And like I said I candled it all the way through and seen it get bigger but I'm wandering if I should hurry and crack/peel the egg open to help it out????? I need help A.S.A.P. thanks in advance!!!
fl.gif

Speaking of.. vitamins.. what age do i start my pullet on vitamins.. im told to do vit E to prevent wry neck..do I just use human kind ? Whats dosage?

They have the vitamin/electrolyte packets at feed stores for the chicks, I wouldn't force a bunch of extra vitamins on them if there's no problems.

Make sure it's getting some vitamins. Poly vi sol with out iron or a good chick vitamin packet.
That is a good start
big_smile.png
You can also make a chick shoe out of non sticky medical tape. Just take a piece and place the foot down on it making sure the toes are down straight, then put another piece on top making sure the edges of the top and bottom stick together.

Like this~ This bantam BLRW chick only needed them on for two days and her toes were fine.

I have some Silkie hatching eggs for sale. The rooster is a show champion white Silkie and the hens are white silkies(won several awards), and grey sizzle hens. The eggs will either be white silkie, or half sizzle half silkie.The pictures are what some of them look like. They are $50 a dozen for pickup in Valdosta Ga, or $75 if you want me to ship them. Please email or call/text 229-630-5317

Thanks, Cook Farms

Last edited:
Speaking of.. vitamins.. what age do i start my pullet on vitamins.. im told to do vit E to prevent wry neck..do I just use human kind ? Whats dosage?

Not all silkies get wry neck, I've had them for 8 years and not had a single case. I wouldn't start giving vitamins unless you have a problem. Who knows, giving them large doses of vitamin E may create a problem. If it's not broke don't fix it.

Question about Silkies and Vaulted skulls,

I have a Porcelain chick who isn't doing well. Her skull is very vaulted, and I'm worried that it's becoming more and more vaulted. She also seemed to have trouble with seeing moving objects; her head follows something, then snaps back to there she first saw the object moving, keeps going, then snaps back again and repeats. I've started giving her vitamins, and arnica water. Anything else?

Back
Top Bottom