Silkie thread!

Hello everyone!
i need some help sexing one of my silkies. I bought it a few months back at a show and the owner said it was a hen. Well today i went out to feed and found it crowing....to me it doesn't look like a rooster as i have a rooster that has the big comb and wattles. This one has no wattles and a very hard to see comb. My silkie roo tries to mount this silkie so i have no clue what it is. Any help would be appreciated! Thank you!!!

This is my black silkie rooster

this is the one i need help sexing

Hello everyone!
i need some help sexing one of my silkies. I bought it a few months back at a show and the owner said it was a hen. Well today i went out to feed and found it crowing....to me it doesn't look like a rooster as i have a rooster that has the big comb and wattles. This one has no wattles and a very hard to see comb. My silkie roo tries to mount this silkie so i have no clue what it is. Any help would be appreciated! Thank you!!!

This is my black silkie rooster

this is the one i need help sexing

Looks female to me

It crowed this morning twice. Right now during the night i have it separated from the rest of the birds because I'm still introducing them. And its comb is very small. thanks for the information!
Females will some time crow as well. Did it crow in the morning with the other rooster? Does it have a big comb similar to the other silkie rooster? Maybe this thread might be of some help..............https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/579215/silkie-sexing

Oh, ya the most tell tell sign would be if it started laying eggs, then you would know for sure what it really is
smile.png

Hello everyone! i need some help sexing one of my silkies. I bought it a few months back at a show and the owner said it was a hen. Well today i went out to feed and found it crowing....to me it doesn't look like a rooster as i have a rooster that has the big comb and wattles. This one has no wattles and a very hard to see comb. My silkie roo tries to mount this silkie so i have no clue what it is. Any help would be appreciated! Thank you!!! This is my black silkie rooster this is the one i need help sexing
Bearded are much harder to sex for obvious reasons. Perhaps all that fluff has confused the other Roos too.

Thanks, she/he's a doll!! I'm not sure if the age I was told is correct, so not getting my hopes up yet. Lol This Silkie is WAY smaller than my hen. Like half the size! Idk of silkies grow different than other breeds, but by 7 months my others are really close to full grown.

Mine are always way smaller than the others that I see. I've tried many feeding combos to build them up. Mine seem to get stunted growing up, even tho I use starter and grower.

Pam

Back
Top Bottom