Silkie thread!

What do you call these silkie colors?

this one is a different one.
this one was a light blue lookish one but turning white.

This is another blueish one that is turning white.

you can feed her boiled egg yolk to help give her a boost. It has helped a weak chick I had.

Boiled eggs for good protein - highly recommended by my breeder of our Buff Leghorn and Blue Wheaten Ameraucana. She says juveniles are growing so fast and need the added protein for muscles and feather growth.

Yes - Silkies are their specialty. Google Amber Waves Silkies to go to their website. I have dealt with them and they have been very kind and helpful with a couple questions I had. They also kindly referred me to BYC at which time I didn't realize how great BYC info was. They also have a video of the time the Tori Spelling reality show came to their facility to pick out a Silkie for their children. Sometimes you can see photos of Ms Spelling in evening attire holding a White Silkie - it is an Amber Waves Silkie in the photos.

Now I've never had Amber Waves Silkie stock but in future it is where I will get my birds. They also provide the $25 lab service fee to guarantee the sex of your bird. There is a waiting period to get the results but you are guaranteed to know the sex of your bird if you choose. They are nice but busy folks but in my estimation run a professional operation. Most customers are amazed at the well-kept facilities - they also have baby goats on the farm.

Thanks so much for the info.

Both of my Silkie chicks passed.
sad.png
I was really looking forward to having some.

So sorry - it is heartbreaking
hugs.gif

Were they incubator babies or broodied by a momma? How old were they when you lost them? We lost a 2-1/2 month old Ameraucana and a 19-day-old Dominique chick last year after the DH and I bonded with the cuties and we still aren't over it. One died because she never grew and the other suffered a sudden seizure. Devastating. The 3rd chick was fine. Just never know.

What do you call these silkie colors?

this one is a different one.
this one was a light blue lookish one but turning white.

This is another blueish one that is turning white.

Personally I would call the color BEAUTIFUL. Fancychooklady has experience with these light colors. Sometimes silvery or grayish chicks turn completely white as adults. She has experience.

Well after all the work and lost sleep... my baby, Crook, died a couple hrs ago. I did everything i could do and all that was recommended but she lost her battle with Wry Neck. I think she was just getting weaker by the hour. This morning when I checked her she was squawking and chirping like she was in awful pain! I fed her what vitamin enriched feed I could get down her and gave her vitamin water too. I was hoping she'd pull through.
hit.gif

Idk about chicken Momma's, but sometimes I wanna do this to my children too. Just chase em around and play "whack a mole". Lol

Sorry I know it is a serious question, I just couldn't resist.
That is hysterical!! Is it bad that as I read that, I pictured myself chasing my kids around the yard with a mallet?? LOL

I have a variety of different breeds of chicks. My silkie chick as seemed to be growing much slower than the rest. It might be because i have egg layers, and some are sexlinked... I wish i just could tell the sex of my little silkie!!

So sorry for your loss of the little wry neck chick, Crook. It's so hard to loose them when you work so hard to keep them going. You did everything you could. Your little one is no longer in pain. Hugs to you.
hugs.gif

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom