Silkie thread!

No I don't bath.  Oh, you mean my chickens!  No I haven't bathed them either.

Lol!
1f602.png

Haha, with 10 horses , 50 chickens and 2 teenagers I definately took on too much. My girls are only 14 months apart but when they were little they were the best of friends.
This is our rusty.

He's a sweetheart. We saved him from the knackery, now he's on the state showjumping squad. Our youngest is currently trying to rescue a Clydesdale . I don't know how we are going to fit him in the float.

Wow! Yep, you sure do have your hands full! lol Your Rusty is beautiful! I want a clydesdale so bad! Maybe someday if we move to somewhere with more property. This one is my Rusty :)

Here are Brownie (larger one in back) and Coco (smaller up front) today - about 2.5 - 3 weeks old! I can't believe how much they have grown! I have a strong suspicion that Brownie is a boy, based on his very protective actions over Coco and his very upright posture when anyone comes around. That's ok, one of my dearest friends has a place for him, if he is a roo. We get visitation rights :)

My little surprise I posted earlier in the thread is feathering out like the pic above. I looked up pics online. Is it a frizzle, sizzle?

I would have to say sizzle! too cute! I have a partridge frizzle pullet now.

here was the difference of her and the white sizzle that hatched with her:

sizzles are normally more standard feathered, but super curly and frizzled are almost silkie feathers, but relly scraggily and somewhat flippy

What do you guys think I should do?

I have to re home Roman my roo. He is being agressive. It looks like I may have to re home his sister as well as she is bullying my broody hen. It's gone crazy.

One of Lydia eggs I dropped :( it was a beautiful black chick. I'm so sad. Roman throws beautiful chick's but he's an ***. Lol

I'd like a black rooster I think. I figured that would be nice to have. I have now 2 chicks one black and one blue. Not related to Lydia . Hope that either the blue or black is male.

Luckily my silas and Ichabod accept new roos pretty well. Especially if they grow up around them.

I'd love more black and blue. Splash is ok too but I don't at all want any white. I'm not a fan of white.

I'd figure I'd keep for sure
Blue hen Lydia.
Black chick.
Blue chick.
Splash roo whose infertile Ichabod
Partridge hen chick Felicity(curled feet) Idk if it's genetic tho.

Rehoming
Roman partridge roo
Emery his splash sister

Idk about yet
Silas porcelain roo deformed beak. Isn't for to breed as he hasn't understand the concept and other roo won't let him.lol he is sweet and protects the flock really well. But I do t want to make a separate pen for just him. But I don't want a chance 9f there being chick's with screwed up beak like his. Because it's not normal beak it's like his comb us also off. He was a rescue and was in bad shape.

Astrid slight unaligned beak and crooked toe.

Lavender chick. Idk what colors would be thrown and I'm not too familiar with lavenders.

Now... roman, astrid, emery, lavender chick, Felicity are all related somewhere down the line. Roman and emery are cousins?... Astrid is also a cousin I think. Astrid is Romans chick. And lavender is emery sisters chick.

So what do I do? In your opinion as to what to do

Geez. Lol

Do you have photos of the splash sister and lavender?

Haha, with 10 horses , 50 chickens and 2 teenagers I definately took on too much. My girls are only 14 months apart but when they were little they were the best of friends.
This is our rusty.

He's a sweetheart. We saved him from the knackery, now he's on the state showjumping squad. Our youngest is currently trying to rescue a Clydesdale . I don't know how we are going to fit him in the float.

Beautiful!

Back
Top Bottom