Silkie thread!

Buff the builder the silkie that has been off the past few days. Passed away last night. We think is was a broken heart. My husband is sad and wishes he had taken Buff with him. Buff was very attached to my husband.

I spoke too soon. She died last night so I put her under the tree at about 1:00 this morning. We tried everything we could, just wasn't destined to make it I guess. I hurt for my wife, she was supposed to pull through for her. She got really attached through all of it.

Oh, I know how that hurts. You keep hoping against hope that things will turn out right. Those knocks on Silkie's soft skulls really do a number on them - the brain controls not just our thinking but all of our bodily functions and motor skills. It was just time for Mother Nature to take her home. So very sorry.

Last edited:
Buff the builder the silkie that has been off the past few days. Passed away last night. We think is was a broken heart. My husband is sad and wishes he had taken Buff with him. Buff was very attached to my husband.

Very sorry for Buff and your DH. Even if DH took Buff with him Buff still could've passed away from the mystery ailment.

I agree with subhanalah's advice to have the bird tested on the side of caution.

The dosage is much higher for gape, but levamisole is reported to be more effective against gape. I'm sure @dawg53 wouldn't mind you PMing him.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/602699/worming-chickens/10#post_7931055

I don't have Gapeworm issues but just want to do regular worming - I used to do it 2x a year with Ivermectin and just want to change to another wormer since using the same wormer can become ineffective without rotating.

The Safeguard website confused me because there are horse, goat and DOG wormers with different percentages listed on each so didn't even know which Safeguard to get. I was going to PM dawg53 as he said in his post that he'd be happy to help with questions.

I don't have Gapeworm issues but just want to do regular worming - I used to do it 2x a year with Ivermectin and just want to change to another wormer since using the same wormer can become ineffective without rotating.

The Safeguard website confused me because there are horse, goat and DOG wormers with different percentages listed on each so didn't even know which Safeguard to get.  I was going to PM dawg53 as he said in his post that he'd be happy to help with questions.

Yes that is what I would do , he's the guru on worms. Most of the dosage rates I've read up on have been for 10% fenbendazole . In Aus panacur is 25%

Back
Top Bottom