Silkie thread!

My silkies have always free ranged! I like that they can go and scratch for bugs and eat grass and be cute running around the yard.

Although there was a sad story, my family friend's silkie got caught by a dog when she didn't want to go back to her coop at night. They are the siblings of my silkies because we got a batch when they were a few days old and we split them half and half. It makes me sad and I'm glad our neighbor's dog has never come over to visit.

what color category would this chick be

My latest hatch of Silkies:

The one on the right has little brown smudges on its face.

This weird little light skinned chick, probably from my Sizzle pen. or maybe a Cochin mix.

A partridge, which I shouldn't be getting since all of my Silkies are B/B/S.

Just purchased a cuckoo silkie from a local breeder. She was the last one, so I got her a Tolbunt Polish to be her friend. Turns out the Polish doesn't really want to be her friend. Oh well.

I named her Magdalena (Magg-Duh-Lay-nuh) pics soon!

Here's my new baby, Magdalena. Excuse the picture. She flaps her wings excessively, and it's hard to get a good shot of her.

P.S. cross your fingers that she's a cuckoo <3

Also, soon, perhaps later today, I'm going to do official photoshoots for her and her broodermate, Marcella, who is a *hopefully* Tolbunt Polish. My avatar is a photo of my BLGW Martha when she was a week old if you want to see what they look like.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom