Silkie thread!

We appreciate them so much. Ty again. They are settled down in the garage in their large dog crate ( great temp pens) and happy as can be. The splash when compared with our former main man is so much prettier and better sized.

I will get pics up tomorrow. We are just zonked. Thank you again.

As for the spurs I have seen our 4h leader remove the spur covering by pinching firmly and pulling it off. They regrow in time but we have never done it ourselves.

We appreciate them so much. Ty again. They are settled down in the garage in their large dog crate ( great temp pens) and happy as can be. The splash when compared with our former main man is so much prettier and better sized.

I will get pics up tomorrow. We are just zonked. Thank you again.

As for the spurs I have seen our 4h leader remove the spur covering by pinching firmly and pulling it off. They regrow in time but we have never done it ourselves.

Good to see you on here! I am sure you are going to love these boys and your hens should fall in love with them too! If you move your current rooster out with the Cochins now while the boys are in quarantine you will be able to flush out the old before you bring in the new, lol. I am sure they will make beautiful babies for you.

Sorry for bad picture quality. Very beautiful birds. The roosters are having crowoffs around 7 am.

Please can someone help me. I have posted this a few times without a reply.
Can someone tell me what colors I have here. moms were buff and white and dad was white. Genertics are tricky, so I am not sure.

Originally I thought Sid was going to be a black Silkie, then he started looking blue, now it appears a red is rusting through. What color is he? Lol, I think I just made a cat in the hat rhyme but for chickens (;

Last edited:
Please can someone help me. I have posted this a few times without a reply.
Can someone tell me what colors I have here. moms were buff and white and dad was white. Genertics are tricky, so I am not sure.

When you breed white to any other colour it is unpredictable as to what you will end up with. The bottom pic looks to be silver partridge but it may be yellowing out. :)

Back
Top Bottom