Silkie thread!

Does anybody know where I can get some silkie chicks that are vaccinated?

Amber Waves Silkies in Norco, CA -- they have DNA-sexed chicks available, they are NPIP, and ship. I believe they have a policy not to ship younger Silkie chicks than one month old. They offer all the ABA approved colors. It's where I'm getting my next Silkie pullet guaranteed.

My silkie laid her first eggs a couple of days ago and I was wondering if these were as big as they're going to be. I know they're small but if she grows more will they or do they stay the same size? I got her as either a week or two week old on October 10th

Silkie eggs are one of the largest bantam eggs and mine weigh from 1.25-oz to 1.5-oz. Silkies start laying 5 to 6 eggs weekly when they start but because they are a broody chicken their egg output is not prolific because of the breaks they take being broody. But I don't mind my Silkies going broody to give their bodies a nutrition break from laying so many eggs. My Silkies are 51/2 and 6 yr olds and still lay but not as often -- but they still like to go broody.

21/2 weeks of Silkie eggs from my older 51/2 yr old Black Silkie -- 1.25 oz to 1.5 oz weight

Here's the little Black clown with her 6-yr-old Partridge Silkie friend

My silkie laid her first eggs a couple of days ago and I was wondering if these were as big as they're going to be. I know they're small but if she grows more will they or do they stay the same size? I got her as either a week or two week old on October 10th

Pullet eggs are always smaller than second year laying eggs.:)

I have two 5 month old "pullets" I hope. The first one is a silkie. The feathering on her head is extreme. Could she be a he? No comb or waddles developing. The second one is a sizzle out of my partridge silkie roo. I thought she was a she. Three weeks ago she went after my rooster that was in a separate pen separated by a fence. She drew blood on his comb. Her comb and waddles are getting a purplish hue. I so hope she isn't a he.

Please give me your thoughts on their sexes.

Thank you

I have two 5 month old "pullets" I hope. The first one is a silkie. The feathering on her head is extreme. Could she be a he? No comb or waddles developing. The second one is a sizzle out of my partridge silkie roo. I thought she was a she. Three weeks ago she went after my rooster that was in a separate pen separated by a fence. She drew blood on his comb. Her comb and waddles are getting a purplish hue. I so hope she isn't a he. Please give me your thoughts on their sexes. Thank you
Both look female.

Back
Top Bottom