Silkie thread!

003F5C86-3492-4D19-9A07-0A2DCBAC2369.jpeg
one of my sweet little girls 🤞🏻! I’m still trying to come up with a name for her. Any suggestions???

View attachment 2346225one of my sweet little girls 🤞🏻! I’m still trying to come up with a name for her. Any suggestions???

Aww she is gorgeous! I love her color! :love

I'm usually really bad at coming up with names. Her color is kind of inspiring though, sorry the name suggestions aren't very original. :lol:

Peach
Apricot
Creamsicle
Fawn
Ginger
Dawn
Paprika
Cinnamon
Penny
Sienna

Large fowl Silkies are not uncommon in the UK but are rare in the US. There are breeders on the forum who are trying to breed them consistently. I have not seen any in any of the larger hatcheries. The bantam size is really the only one that I have seen.😊

my silkies are now 22 weeks.. i had to dna sex them because i was having serious anxiety worrying about who i might have to give away!

Nala is the partridge silkie, and Bella is the blue silkie. The other two are my brown-red D'uccle, Minnie, and white D'uccle, Daisy. They are all so sweet and beautiful. I love them. Oh, and yes they are spoiled house chickens.
20200903_161758.jpg
20200903_161725.jpg

my silkies are now 22 weeks.. i had to dna sex them because i was having serious anxiety worrying about who i might have to give away!

Nala is the partridge silkie, and Bella is the blue silkie. The other two are my brown-red D'uccle, Minnie, and white D'uccle, Daisy. They are all so sweet and beautiful. I love them. Oh, and yes they are spoiled house chickens. View attachment 2347332View attachment 2347333

Wow, they’ve all gotten so big!🥰
They are all so beautiful!❤
Had mine DNA tested after your recommendation a few months back! Ended up with three boys and three girls traded two of the boys for an olive Egger! Have four silkies left, one boy and three girls. Out of the 14 that I hatched 11 of them were boys!🥰

Wow, they’ve all gotten so big!🥰
They are all so beautiful!❤
Had mine DNA tested after your recommendation a few months back! Ended up with three boys and three girls traded two of the boys for an olive Egger! Have four silkies left, one boy and three girls. Out of the 14 that I hatched 11 of them were boys!🥰
Oh im so glad you did the dna testing.. its nerve racking to wait months on end!! Ohhh i would love an Easter egger.. what a good trade!
You never know the breakdown.. to think i picked 6 random chicks.. 5 were girls!! I took the boy and one girl back (D'Uccles) since they were bonded.. but its not like i knew what i was picking 🤣

Back
Top Bottom