Silkie thread!

Quote:
I am so very sorry!
hugs.gif
I would contact the guy you got them from to let him know what had happened and if any of his others had died recently.

I just wanted to post some pictures of my 2 favorite boys. They are not show quality but are my favorite because of their personalities.

This one is was named sweetie as a chick and has lived up to his name. He had spraddle leg and was just the sweetest little chick during his rehab. I can do anything to this guy and he loves to snuggle.
SAM_0503.jpg

SAM_0504.jpg

This guy here is named Cole and is also very sweet and snuggle right up when I hold him but the main reason he is one of my favorites is because he is such a good daddy to all of the chicks and lets them snuggle up with him, finds them food and just love them.
SAM_0505.jpg

SAM_0176.jpg

Quote:
When I got home from errands i believed that she may have drank and ate a little......Then i finally saw her poop, brown and white looked normal..i gave her some save a chick even though she fought me a little. Took her outside and she walked a few steps and chirped at the passing cars...she just doesnt want to move around she wants to lay with her head tucked like shes napping. here heat feels good....she still keeps her eyes shut most of the time....maybe she is semi-blind or maybe lazy or maybe depressed lol..i hate being a crazy worried chicken momma
hmm.png

I know your girl died, but if ever happens again here's what's (so far) working for me and a confirmed head injury with an Ameraucana pullet.

Initial symptoms: head tucked into back/wing while other birds were up and running around. = NOT normal. By that night, she couldn't keep her head straight. Looked like wry neck/crook neck. Dizzy, bird looked like she was trying ot keep her balance. he head would nod and nod and nod and nod. One eye completely closed. Next day: unable to stand and wanted to flip over.

What is working:
She's getting a teeny tiny piece of predisone 2x/day, teeny tiny vitamin B supplement that I squeeze out of a gel pill into her mouth (2x/day), a drop of vitamin E (2x/day), a teeny piece of selenium tab 2x/day and we also feed her the baby bird hand feeding formula. as much as i can min of 3x/day. (I have to work)

I keep her propped up to keep her lungs in the right spot; she's not allowed to lay on her flat on her side at all. I rolled up some towels and made a ramp like surface so she's laying on the ramp but more up right than flat.

She's not out of the woods yet but she now opens her eyes when you're around and can hold her head up.

Last edited:
Quote:
When I got home from errands i believed that she may have drank and ate a little......Then i finally saw her poop, brown and white looked normal..i gave her some save a chick even though she fought me a little. Took her outside and she walked a few steps and chirped at the passing cars...she just doesnt want to move around she wants to lay with her head tucked like shes napping. here heat feels good....she still keeps her eyes shut most of the time....maybe she is semi-blind or maybe lazy or maybe depressed lol..i hate being a crazy worried chicken momma
hmm.png

I know your girl died, but if ever happens again here's what's (so far) working for me and a confirmed head injury with an Ameraucana pullet.

Initial symptoms: head tucked into back/wing while other birds were up and running around. = NOT normal. By that night, she couldn't keep her head straight. Looked like wry neck/crook neck. Dizzy, bird looked like she was trying ot keep her balance. he head would nod and nod and nod and nod. One eye completely closed. Next day: unable to stand and wanted to flip over.

What is working:
She's getting a teeny tiny piece of predisone 2x/day, teeny tiny vitamin B supplement that I squeeze out of a gel pill into her mouth (2x/day), a drop of vitamin E (2x/day), a teeny piece of selenium tab 2x/day and we also feed her the baby bird hand feeding formula. as much as i can min of 3x/day. (I have to work)

I keep her propped up to keep her lungs in the right spot; she's not allowed to lay on her flat on her side at all. I rolled up some towels and made a ramp like surface so she's laying on the ramp but more up right than flat.

She's not out of the woods yet but she now opens her eyes when you're around and can hold her head up.

Sounds like good info. I will store this for future reference.
smile.png

Quote:
Apollo or Artemis comes to mind
wink.png

Hope you aren't in the path of those terrible fires, Colie. Praying for Texas here....

No I'm not thank goodness! So many fires this year!!
smile.png

Colie <3 :

Quote:
Hope you aren't in the path of those terrible fires, Colie. Praying for Texas here....

No I'm not thank goodness! So many fires this year!!
smile.png

So glad for you. We are having fires here also but nothing like you!

Back
Top Bottom