Silkie thread!

Quote:
Awesome!
big_smile.png

What colors do you have?

White, black, blue, partridge, buff and have some splash eggs coming next week (I hope!)
wee.gif

Quote:
Sorry to hear that.

Where was her body, near the fence? I know raccoons will decapitate birds and leave the bodies (had that happen before), but in the day time??

Weasels and minks will do the same thing. The raccoons around my place have only taken the whole brids and left nothing behind. Sorry for your loss.
sad.png

Quote:
In my experience they all have different personalities so some will be more willing to be handled than others. Some will come up to me and hurdle around my feet or snuggle under my rear when I squat down. I don't have any that fight over being handled but Ive had some young adults shipped in that really kicked a fit about it at first. I talk to mine and sing them silly little songs while doling out treats or when I'm doing food and water. Just keep it up with the ones you already have and make sure to stay consistent to the ones you are expecting and I'm sure they will warm up in no time.

I'm thinking if I sing to mine, they will really be terrified!
lol.png
On a serious note, how are you doing with your flock rebuilding after that terrible accident? I pray things are going well for you.

Slow and steady... lol I wish I could move things along faster but the weather here is still too hot to ship
sad.png
Hopefully there will be some good options left when it's cooler here. Trying to be patient... not working! haha! Thank you for asking
smile.png

Colie <3 :

Quote:
I'm thinking if I sing to mine, they will really be terrified!
lol.png
On a serious note, how are you doing with your flock rebuilding after that terrible accident? I pray things are going well for you.

Slow and steady... lol I wish I could move things along faster but the weather here is still too hot to ship
sad.png
Hopefully there will be some good options left when it's cooler here. Trying to be patient... not working! haha! Thank you for asking
smile.png

Patience! UGH!
big_smile.png
I ordered eggs 4 weeks ago and we were waiting for cooler weather. Now it's cooler here and the hens are broody...
barnie.gif

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom