Silkie thread!

Ok, never having dealt with the "fluffy" breeds before, will someone explain to me "Frizzle" and "Sizzle"??? I'm just getting into Fluff, so these terms are foreign to me!
lol.png

Quote:
If I am correct you have to have 2 lavender copies to get lavender. both parent birds have to have a copy of the actual lavender gene to get an actual lavender colored offspring. a lavender to another color with give you a "split" which carries 1 copy. breed these splits (1 gene carriers) together to a percentage of lavender chicks. your splash is a blue splash - I have never heard of a lavender splash, lavender is a very definitive solid and uniform color. Your splash has regular blue markings, definately no lavender there unless it is a split carrying the hidden Lav gene. sorry
sad.png

A lavender splash is a bird who is both lavender and splash: lav/lav Bl/Bl. Appearance-wise very difficult to impossible to distinguish from a not-lavender splash.

Saying "blue splash" is redundant; the correct name for the colour/variety is splash.

Quote:
Frizzle is backwards & upwards curled feathers; in the US recognised in all breeds, and i is not A breed. In other countries it is someties listed as a specific breed--rather cochin-like.

A sizzle is a silkie in all features except feathering; sizzles have non-silkied, frizzled feathers.

IA. jake :

I have a question for all you other silkie lover's. Are showgirls an APA bird?

when shown they are naked neck silkies
showgirls are aov​

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom