Silkie thread!

Quote:
Look at my pics above. That chick is the ugliest thing i have ever seen. But I love him/her.(hope a her, so I can keep it)
big_smile.png

Quote:
I have a couple of hatchery white silkies that I LOVE.
smile.png
I threw them in with my layers, and they are tough little things- can hold their own even against the evil barred rocks! *I* think my birds are cute, but really, they are plain ugly, poor things! LOL!! Some time I'll have to post their picture for the heck of it.
wink.png
The point is, I love them anyway. Anything with fluff is going to have my heart. ha!

Quote:
I had someone that my mother worked with about one of my roos because he had a single comb >.> I went into my mums work because I was so mad that she judged him before knowing the facts.

it's so frustrating ... how people are so quick to judge its like o0 wait a minute. Sorry that happened to ya.
sad.png

I hear you its sooooo annoying.

I have two baby Silkies...they are a week old tomorrow. They seem to be doing really good, but is there anything special I need to know about raising these babies? I also have an Americauna EE that hatched with them... they all seem to be getting along really well. They are so dang cute!

I have a problem with one of the silkies I just hatched lastnite.It seems that it can't raise it's head up like the others.Can only look down.It's the little Partridge in there.Please someone help me I don't want to let this chick grow up like this or is it that it chooses to do that. HELP, HELP.
caf.gif

Quote:
Why?

Just for some odd reason I just can't hatch the % rate I can with any other kind of chicken.

If that is the case, look to your breeder birds. I have not more nor less difficulties hatching silkies than other breeds. You might want to make sure your breeders are getting an excellent diet and added vitamins for 2-3 weeks before starting to collect eggs.

Quote:
Hey as long as you enjoy them who cares...we have our heavy hitter show birds and then we have our pets who we love just as much...yours are very cute and all silkies go thru the awkward age ....i will have to show you some pics of my awkward teens...they are too funny....

Quote:
Just for some odd reason I just can't hatch the % rate I can with any other kind of chicken.

If that is the case, look to your breeder birds. I have not more nor less difficulties hatching silkies than other breeds. You might want to make sure your breeders are getting an excellent diet and added vitamins for 2-3 weeks before starting to collect eggs.

I have just now added vitamins to their water and separated them day old from the older 1s. Anymore info on what to do to make her feel better.Thank You for all ya'lls help.The chicks are on cam at that link I had posted.Thank You!!!It will be the little Partridge that I'm speaking of.

Last edited:
Quote:

Her head isn't twisted or anything but she just can't hold it straight up or look straight ahead or look up. I am just very confused about the problem and what can cure it or is there a cure.

Back
Top Bottom