Silkie thread!

riane'smimi :

Quote:
Lol I know, the Polish thread definitely isn't this active with people, lol.

Did somebody say POLISH
smile.png

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/71009_2011-11-30_023.jpg

omg!!!!!!! cuckoo polish!!!!!!!WANT!!!!!!!!! wait no NEED!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Not a lavender.

Is that because they are not sometimes born with chipmonk markings?

Lavenders can have a light striping when born, BUT the Lavender will be a solid color throughout. What you have appears to be POSSIBLY a columbian patterned, or a silver partridge colored bird. Hard to tell from the picture, but what I do see is black on the wings & tail, which would Never happen if the bird was lavender. A lavender bird is a Very pale blue color all over. You could have a silver partridge from a lavender crossed with another color, ie partridge or you could get a columbian color from a lavender to a columbian buff, ie one with black in the tail & wings. Lavender is a diluter color, this you could get those two patterns.

Brody's Broodello :

Quote:
Is that because they are not sometimes born with chipmonk markings?

Lavenders can have a light striping when born, BUT the Lavender will be a solid color throughout. What you have appears to be POSSIBLY a columbian patterned, or a silver partridge colored bird. Hard to tell from the picture, but what I do see is black on the wings & tail, which would Never happen if the bird was lavender. A lavender bird is a Very pale blue color all over. You could have a silver partridge from a lavender crossed with another color, ie partridge or you could get a columbian color from a lavender to a columbian buff, ie one with black in the tail & wings. Lavender is a diluter color, this you could get those two patterns.​

Thanks BB! Always wanting to learn. I thought maybe the dark colors would molt away. I guess not!
tongue.png

For nothing but the sheer fun of guessing, below are a few photos of my little silkie chick that brought me to this forum in the first place looking for insight as to it's curved upper beak.

It was a very soft/light bluish grey color when I got it at 3wks and is now getting gold on it's head and the wing feathers are the same very light grey on one half of the shaft and soft gold on the other half. The soft gold is much lighter/softer than the gold of my feed-store adult Buff Orpingtons. Any idea what color it will be, someday?

113947_006.jpg

113947_007.jpg

113947_017.jpg

113947_018.jpg

Quote:
Partridge - too young
1. - 2.

White
#4 - hard to tell, but honestly looking boyish for its age

Buff diluted partridge
#5 sex unknown

#6 - dunno sex - looks girlish at this point. color looks Red but I see penciling in the wing?? so partridge somewhere in there.

#7 looks like a dark blue or a black - too young to sex

Quote:
Partridge - too young
1. - 2.

White
#4 - hard to tell, but honestly looking boyish for its age

Buff diluted partridge
#5 sex unknown

#6 - dunno sex - looks girlish at this point. color looks Red but I see penciling in the wing?? so partridge somewhere in there.

#7 looks like a dark blue or a black - too young to sex

Thank You!

Back
Top Bottom