Silkie thread!

Quote:
When I have problems with chicks, I add a strong dose of apple cider vinegar to their water, and it seems to make a big difference. I don;t use organic ACV or the stuff with the mother in it, just plain old grocery store ACV (not the kind that is only flavoured, which is common in paces like Target or Walmart, but that which is made from apples, which is what I find in real grocery stores).

So, some days I think I have 3 hens and two Roos other days I think I've got three Roos and two hens I don't know what to do with gendering my silkies. I need help! Would any of y'all help a gal out? Also, one has showed a comb and wattles and the others do not does that help me with gendering? I can post pics. They are 3 months old.

So, some days I think I have 3 hens and two Roos other days I think I've got three Roos and two hens I don't know what to do with gendering my silkies. I need help! Would any of y'all help a gal out? Also, one has showed a comb and wattles and the others do not does that help me with gendering? I can post pics. They are 3 months old.

You can post, ans we'll try to help, but at 3 months it is still iffy. I've had judges mark a cock as a hen; and I am 100% certain that he was a cock--I have offspring from him.

I actually think that that is a well-sized comb. Not too small and not too big. Comb size affects virility.
I learn something new on here every day!
yesss.gif

Back
Top Bottom