Silkie thread!

I hope this hasn't been asked/answered many times before. i did search the thread but....

Do different colors of Silkies lay different color eggs? I get three distinct egg colors. For instance... Splashes lay a light brown egg?

CONGRATS TO ALL!!
jumpy.gif
such gorgeous babies!!
yippiechickie.gif

Hey, was wondering if any of you have had any experience with this. My silkie roo has been losing his ability to stand over the last week and can no longer stay on his feet. He can balance on his belly but usually ends up falling forward or backward eventually. I usually find him sprawled on his stomach. When I hold him in the standing position he kicks against the ground like a baby in a bouncy chair. He wants to stand, but it's as if his hips aren't strong enough.

I looked into Vit E deficiency and have added sunflower seeds to his feed and vitamins to his water to increase his intake of vit E. If this is what it is, how long will it take to reverse it?

If that isn't what it is, are there any other ideas? He has no other obvious symptoms.

Last edited:
Hey, was wondering if any of you have had any experience with this. My silkie roo has been losing his ability to stand over the last week and can no longer stay on his feet. He can balance on his belly but usually ends up falling forward or backward eventually. I usually find him sprawled on his stomach. When I hold him in the standing position he kicks against the ground like a baby in a bouncy chair. He wants to stand, but it's as if his hips aren't strong enough.

I looked into Vit E deficiency and have added sunflower seeds to his feed and vitamins to his water to increase his intake of vit E. If this is what it is, how long will it take to reverse it?

If that isn't what it is, are there any other ideas? He has no other obvious symptoms.

I would start with what you are doing but adding additional nutrition for him. How long has he been like like this? If there are no other symptoms or signs of injury, it could very well be a nutritional deficiency. Sometimes roosters don't eat as well as they should. They let the hens eat first. Hope he gets better for you!

Ok, I have another what color is this silkie post. This is the first one to pop out like this and it looks like I might have a younger one that could be the same color. She has blue underfluff with more of a gold color. She is about 3 1/2 months old.

Back
Top Bottom