Silkie thread!

I just wanted to share...I had 9 silkie chicks hatch out yesterday and today. They are from CJ's silkies.

What color is this one? The egg said P/L but I forget what that stands for...

Blue

This might be the buff chick?

Lav or maybe splash?

Black

There are a few others - I think in total I had 2 whites, 1 buff, 1 P/L, 1 "splash," and I think the rest hatched out of BBS eggs. The others are still fluffing out, i will get pics of them soon!
Your first cutie is a partridge. I don't know what the L stands for. Yes, buff. and the one you called splash or lav is likely blue from the BBS.

Well, no chickies here. I had two make it to lock down, but the bad air cells were more of a trap that kept them from moving for the goal in the end.
weep.gif
I opened them this morning to see that there was no way for them to have made it. Now, I'm left with seven more, from the same place, to watch and wait.
indisposed.gif

But, on a positive note, I am supposed to get eggs from mbrobbins from here. She has beautiful Silkies and lives about an hour from me, and I hope to be getting two dozen....tomorrow, maybe.
rolling%20smile.gif
So glad you are not giving up and that is great that you have some close eggs to buy!!

Here are my babies they are just 2 months old they grew so fast! The one on the left is no doubt a rooster and the right is my girl. I am renaming them have to think of some cute duo names lol! I am so in love they have such personalities. This is a picture after they followed us for their mealworms.

ep.gif
I learned years ago not to paint my toes the color of june bugs then wear sandles to the coop.
I'm excited that last night was the FIRST night my 8 silkies got in the coop by themselves. We were out later than usual for 4th of July celebrations. It was nice to go out to the pen and just lock up for once!
thumbsup.gif

Oh and just a bit of advice for other silkie owners....Don't wear flip-flops and red toe nail polish in the silkie pen.
barnie.gif
They always swarm around me, but the pecking and biting was a little too much!

Here are some of my sweeties devouring frozen vegetables:

Off the forum for a few days and had to catch up with over 300 post
caf.gif

welcome-byc.gif
To all the newbies, cant wait to chat with you all. Sorry to hear about all the losses and on the same hand great to hear about all the new
jumpy.gif
Hatchings. I'm pleased with my 4 month olds are selling pretty good and for just pet quality I think they sure are cuties and for non bearded silkies have nice crests and feathered feet and kind of hate to see them going to new homes. But got to make room for the newbires going into lockdown Sunday
131727.gif

It would be nice to have more Arizona silkie owners to swap local with. Due to our heat issues here its hard to find silkies.

Let them thaw awhile or run them under cool water before giving them to your chickens. Otherwise, it is like little ice cubes and they literally shake their heads like, "Brrr, what was that I just swallowed?"

If you want your sweet silkies to become ferocious raptors, just give them a few watermelon rinds. Ours LOVE watermelon rinds (well, one prefers fresh figs) but I have to wash all their faces afterwards.
love.gif
They're worth it though!

Thanks and same here, we got a trap today. There are so many predators around here, I'm glad we haven't had any more problems.

Thanks, I'm glad it didn't get anything else.

By the way we were out watching fire works and were late getting back to put them up and that's how the raccoon got her.

I consider us lucky because one of my other pullets was stuck in some grapevines and would have been an easy mark for a racoon.

Where do you get your adorable emoticons??

I have a few sites saved from a google image search for "emoticons" ... there are lots of different ones out there.

Yes, I'm so glad Mary lives close by....I don't think I'll ever buy ebay eggs again. If you click on her name in my last post, you can see her Silkies. She has some from great lines: Catdance, Sheryl Butler, Bobbi Porto and Sassy Silkie.

Back
Top Bottom