Silkie tooster with standard hens

One day he will be able to gain their respect. How long has he been fighting?
I just got him last night and put him in with the girls this morning. At first they didn't really notice him and he did that wing drag thing they do with hens and then my Lavender BO fought him! I was so worried he would get hurt I took him out and now he's in a coop in the run protected from them. He seemed really overwhelmed and at 1st he was squatting down like hens do before roosters mount them when the girls start started noticing him. I think I made a huge mistake! Will he get any bigger?

He should get bigger. Can you do the see-no-touch method?

Put a cage with only him in it close to the outside of the cage, so they can see him, but can’t attack him. Leave him there for a week or two, and try it again. Repeat the process if it doesn’t work the first timeZ

My love got the better of me and now I have an adorable 6 month old silkie cockerel who is being attacked by humongous hens. I have him separated now but will this ever work out?
oh poor baby! Just stay with them and slowly introduce them together, give him one friend at a time and watch them and if the hen is getting to mean, take her out. hope this helps! <3

He should get bigger. Can you do the see-no-touch method?

Put a cage with only him in it close to the outside of the cage, so they can see him, but can’t attack him. Leave him there for a week or two, and try it again. Repeat the process if it doesn’t work the first timeZ
Yes, I have a small coop in our run for hens hatching chicks, et cetera, and that's where he is now. They can see him.

oh poor baby! Just stay with them and slowly introduce them together, give him one friend at a time and watch them and if the hen is getting to mean, take her out. hope this helps! <3
Oh take her out! I could do that but I don't want to upset the whole dynamic. I read about their soft skulls or something and now I'm just worried that hes gonna get brained to death. But it didn't look like he was going to get pecked like that it was more like they were cockfighting.

He's super dopey. He was with a bunch of full size hens so I thought it would be OK. My girls can be mean. I've had to remove 2 hens who were being picked on. One I thought was going to die.

Back
Top Bottom