Silkie-What's wrong with my wing feathers?

Quote:
I did not know they are supposed to have the shredded wing feather, thanks. I will get the bath going and Ivermectin. Thanks everyone for their advice!
smile.png

Shredding on the wing feathers is not only normal, it's one thing I look for on a showbird. Ideally they should be shredded 1/3 up the primary feathers. This isn't a sign of any problem,.. welcome to the wonderful world of silkies.

If you are sure your chickens have worms, why have you not wormed them?

I take very good care of my chickens and sometimes you are still going to have lice or mites show up. It is just a chicken keeping fact.

sad.png

Quote:

Though1956, you got me on that one because I never thought of worming my older flock because I haven't seen any evidence or to honest, my OWN ignorance. Once I got these Silkies then I started researching and DUH, it probably is a good thing to worm bi-yearly. I have only had chickens for a year and I'm in the learning stage.
big_smile.png

Today they got the powdered with Sevin dust, Ivermectin drops, and vitamins. I sprayed their coop very well with permethrin. I wanted to bathe them but ran out of time today. I will be doing my older flock with the Ivermectin. My roos were supposed to be getting processed but the place has not called today to make the appt., even though I called them. so I'm up in the air with them.

I will post pics of my Silkies when they get better! I'm getting over myself, I have noticed most chicken people get MAD:( the 1st time they experience the bugs! Then when you realize it is part of it, acceptance, get the chicks better!

Last edited:
I hatched my silkies and her wing feathers look like that, and she has the blue earlobes as a sign of a pure bred... she is almost 4 months and has these.

Back
Top Bottom