Silkie x Brahmas?!

Her eggs are still not fertile- he keeps trying but none of her eggs are fertile she just walks away and he falls off :confused: I’m aiming for one of my younger roos now. Either Swedish flower (should start breeding this month) and a naked neck (won’t mature for quite awhile… three months maybe?)
Maybe Fog will eventually fertilize her eggs 😂 I could’ve sworn I say the embryo bullseye but the eggs still have no life

I've done this mix a couple times. My brahma hen is a bantam though. I crossed my isabel brahma hen to a black silkie rooster last year resulting in these pretty pencilled pullets. This year I crossed the same isabel brahma hen to a white silkie roo and got two very pretty cockerels.
1st picture is the mother (isabel bantam brahma).
2nd picture are her first two daughters from the black silkie rooster.
3rd and 4th pictures are the two cockerels from the white silkie rooster.
These very pretty birds inspired me to start a breeding new project. The end goal possibly being a new breed. I have a thread on that here if you're interested in reading more about it:
https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/from-silkie-mix-to-new-breed.1557450/

Attachments

• IMG_2414.JPG
    IMG_2414.JPG
    338.1 KB · Views: 23
  • sisters.jpg
    sisters.jpg
    435.2 KB · Views: 21
  • onyx5wks.jpg
    onyx5wks.jpg
    484 KB · Views: 18
  • orion5wks.jpg
    orion5wks.jpg
    516 KB · Views: 15
My farmer neighbor has about 20 Brahmas. I have only silkies and had one white silkie rooster that I asked if she wanted for soup as he was evil here to every single hen and the other rooster, and drew blood three times, so had to get rid of him. She said she'd take him, I thought to make soup. She kept him and called me one day laughing so hard saying how he's riding her Brahma hens like a horse, and they let him. She said he shoots his junk out on their backs so is never going to be a dad, but he's having fun.

Fast forward to last week, she said he finally figured out how to mate a giant hen, so she's saving some of their eggs to hatch and find out what they'll end up being. I'll let you know lol.
OMG I am dying reading this post🤣🤣🤣

I’m pretty sure that one of my silkies is a Roo, and I have two young Brahmas and two Orpingtons ( along w EEs, RIR and others)…and I’m trying to picture how these potential barnyard mixes will play out🤣🤣🤣

Yeti(silkie) is hatching eggs, she has one of her own and last I checked (the yolk) it appeared fertile. It’s either my Swedish flower cockerels (he just started this month) or Fog (brahma) finally succeeded. Won’t know till hatch!

Attachments

• IMG_9468.jpeg
    IMG_9468.jpeg
    835.5 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_9814.jpeg
    IMG_9814.jpeg
    654.1 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_9379.jpeg
    IMG_9379.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 14
I've done this mix a couple times. My brahma hen is a bantam though. I crossed my isabel brahma hen to a black silkie rooster last year resulting in these pretty pencilled pullets. This year I crossed the same isabel brahma hen to a white silkie roo and got two very pretty cockerels.
1st picture is the mother (isabel bantam brahma).
2nd picture are her first two daughters from the black silkie rooster.
3rd and 4th pictures are the two cockerels from the white silkie rooster.
These very pretty birds inspired me to start a breeding new project. The end goal possibly being a new breed. I have a thread on that here if you're interested in reading more about it:
https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/from-silkie-mix-to-new-breed.1557450/
Hi there…I remembered this post not just because it was hilarious, but bc the photo of your chics “sisters” is so adorable (well, they all are), but that one in particular bc I’m trying to figure out the gender of my silkies. I think the buff for sure is a roo which is great bc I want a roo and was looking forward to chicks, but now as the blue one is maturing at 12 weeks, I’m wondering if she might also be a “he”? I’m starting to see them “face off”, not fight, they are clutch mates and are inseparable along with the lavender Orpington who is the same age and thinks she is also a Silkie(with magic flying powers). I have two Brahmas (regular size) one light and one dark, and the “sister chick” looked like what I would get if my blue Silkie was a roo and mated with my dark Brahma…which would be adorable…I’m just thinking about the logistics…Bunny the Brahma is still growing at 15 weeks and is already 3x the size of Dixie the 12 wk old Silkie, who likely is almost nearly fully grown..?

Attachments

• IMG_6905.jpeg
    IMG_6905.jpeg
    489.7 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_1653.jpeg
    IMG_1653.jpeg
    607.4 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_6916.jpeg
    IMG_6916.jpeg
    577.2 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_6891.jpeg
    IMG_6891.jpeg