Silkie x cochin genetics

Akoharski4

Songster
Apr 21, 2019
Hi all. Looking for some genetics help with my silkie x cochin hen... she is the product of a white silkie rooster and a silver laced cochin hen (bantam). I am looking to improve her crest, beard and comb. She is a hard feathered bird.

I am hoping to cross her back with an unrelated silkie male. I have paint and splash roosters. What could be the best f2 combination for her?

Both potential mates for her have impressive crests/beards and correct combs. Since the offspring would be 3/4 silkie- what would the feathering ratios look like (silkies vs hard feathers) and color outcomes be?

thank you in advance!

Hi all. Looking for some genetics help with my silkie x cochin hen... she is the product of a white silkie rooster and a silver laced cochin hen (bantam). I am looking to improve her crest, beard and comb. She is a hard feathered bird.

I am hoping to cross her back with an unrelated silkie male. I have paint and splash roosters. What could be the best f2 combination for her?

Both potential mates for her have impressive crests/beards and correct combs. Since the offspring would be 3/4 silkie- what would the feathering ratios look like (silkies vs hard feathers) and color outcomes be?

thank you in advance!
4F4DB1B5-9DDB-4D0D-A1AA-598AF4A45761.jpeg

Since she's split for silkie feathering, half will be silkied and half won't. Unfortunately I am no help color wise
Thanks so much for your response. So...she’s half silkie and then the offspring would be considered 3/4 silkie, right? And with that it’s still 50/50 of the silkie feathering?

Back
Top Bottom