Silkie X easter egger crosses. Gender help?

and-roo

Songster
7 Years
Feb 28, 2013
the Willamette Valley, OR
Three broody hens hatched one egg each this spring within about a week of each-other. The hen that laid all three of those eggs was a bluish EE and the roo is a splash silkie. The oldest is a splash I'm thinking/hoping is a girl and I think one of the blue ones is a boy and one might be a girl... What do you guys think?

the splash chick

the older blue chick (I think this is a boy)

and the youngest blue chick (possibly a pullet)

Last edited:
Three broody hens hatched one egg each this spring within about a week of each-other. The hen that laid all three of those eggs was a bluish EE and the roo is a splash silkie. The oldest is a splash I'm thinking/hoping is a girl and I think one of the blue ones is a boy and one might be a girl... What do you guys think?

the splash chick

the older blue chick (I think this is a boy)

and the youngest blue chick (possibly a pullet)
I think maybe the gray one is a boy. Because the others look like they inherited the silkie puffs that look like it’s over the eyes, I think those are girls.

I'm not seeing any pointy saddle feathers in these pictures. I would say pullets for now although the bigger blue one looks like it might possibly be the one that could be a boy. Anything silkie is hard to sex unfortunately.

Back
Top Bottom