Silkied Serama

I love the silkied seramas and I would be interested in getting a starter bird or some hatching eggs, can anyone give me some sort of direction to go??? Anyone interested in selling some hatching silkied serama eggs or a starter bird, roo or hen, dont matter,
thanks!

If anyone has a bb red a buff or a silver pair if seramas plz note me I would like to purchase some if my mom will let us

curios as to what the colors were and what type of feather s the chicks have ? how many did they hatch out?

I had no idea silkied seramas existed. These birds are fabulous!
big_smile.png

Was the breed made by crossing seramas with silkies?

I have Seramas in my incubator now and I have 3 Silkie hens and two Silkie roosters in my outside pen. Hopefully I will get a Seramas hen from my hatch. I want to breed it with my Silkie rooster. I think they are all so cute. These will be my first Seramas. I can't wait for them to hatch!

Silkied Seramas ARE NOT cross bred from the Silkie breed. Silkied feathering was a natural mutation that occured. These birds were then bred back to themselves and developed the silkied Serama. A few breeders worked very hard to develop this variation of SEramas
IF you want to be serious about SEramas, please do not cross breed them with any other breed.

Breeding frizzled to frizzled is a personal choice, as is all breeding. But when breeding two frizzled together you have the chance of creating a bird with two frizzled genes, sometimes called a " curly" in Seramas.

They have very brittle feathers, often have many health issues. They are not hardy when exposed to extreme cold or heat. The few 'curly" Seramas that I have known about did not lay many eggs and some never reached maturity at 6 months, they died very early. They appear to be extra fragile.

Sorry Ruthless. I did not mean any harm. I would never do anything to hurt any breed of chickens, especially the Silkie breed or Serama. I am very new at the incubating and breeding of chickens. People cross breed chickens all the time, or at least I thought. People always talk about their "project" chickens. How was i suppose to know that a Silkie Serama was not bred with a Silkie? i will now go back to my corner and sit quietly. After having my hand slapped. From now on I will keep my input to myself.

Back
Top Bottom