SILKIED SERAMAS WORSHIP THREAD

6-Rare-Silkied-Serama-chicken-hatching-eggs-plus-_1.jpg

But uhhhh did I forget to mention they are also friggin adorable AND the decent size eggs totally justifies my obsession 🤣
I broke down and paid WAY to much for silkie and frizzled Serama hatching eggs...they are cookin now... because ya know...they lay good 🤣
WHOA WHoA WHOa you can just.....bUy ThEm?!?!?!? As EgGs!!!!?!?

My friend Arline, has had house chickens for 30 years or so, usually bantams. Her last birds were 2 Serama hens and a silkie hen. She let the silkie hen out in the yard because she did not fly. The seramas were good fliers so she kept them in the house.

At the end of the year - she lost all 3 - a day apart. They could not stand but still had good appetites. I believe they died of Mareks. The silkie probably picked it up from wild birds in the yard and brought it inside to the poor seramas.

I don't know if vaccination would have saved them. Silkies & Seramas have no natural resistance to Mareks- sad to say.

My friend Arline, has had house chickens for 30 years or so, usually bantams. Her last birds were 2 Serama hens and a silkie hen. She let the silkie hen out in the yard because she did not fly. The seramas were good fliers so she kept them in the house.

At the end of the year - she lost all 3 - a day apart. They could not stand but still had good appetites. I believe they died of Mareks. The silkie probably picked it up from wild birds in the yard and brought it inside to the poor seramas.

I don't know if vaccination would have saved them. Silkies & Seramas have no natural resistance to Mareks- sad to say.
That sucks, the Silkie probably did bring it in from wild birds at least that makes the most sense since she was the only one outside. At least all of them got be tiny little house chickens and spoiled!

Back
Top Bottom