Silkies 3 Day Old Chicks What Color Will They Grow to Be?

Silked

Chirping
Nov 7, 2021
I’m attaching pictures of my 3 day old silkie chicks. Would love if someone can tell me or give their best guess on what color they’ll be when they’re older! Also can you tell if they’re bearded or not? I’ve labeled the chicks with numbers in red. Thought that may be the best way to organize it. The brooder box was dirty sorry except for the one I took after I cleaned it. Thank you!

Attachments

• IMG_8467.jpeg
    IMG_8467.jpeg
    390.2 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG_8447.jpeg
    IMG_8447.jpeg
    307.5 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_8441.jpeg
    IMG_8441.jpeg
    428.1 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_8444.jpeg
    IMG_8444.jpeg
    366.1 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_8446.jpeg
    IMG_8446.jpeg
    403.3 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_8440.jpeg
    IMG_8440.jpeg
    479.4 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_8438.jpeg
    IMG_8438.jpeg
    425.7 KB · Views: 16
They're all definitely bearded. Do you know what color their parents were? It could help with telling what the chicks will be. 3 looks like silver partridge to me. 5 could be gold partridge.

They're all definitely bearded. Do you know what color their parents were? It could help with telling what the chicks will be. 3 looks like silver partridge to me. 5 could be gold partridge.
Thank you for the help! The parents came from someone who has silkies in all different colors so I’m not sure.

And thank you for answering about them being bearded!

View attachment 3803296View attachment 3803297
We unfortunately lost the black one. So I went and bought 4 more cause 1 loss equals 4 gained in chicken math, but we lost the 2nd black one as well 😔 On the bright side we have 7 little fuzzy butts still!
Aw sorry about the black ones. That’s so hard! They’re all so cute. Looks like you have a couple chipmunk coloring ones and I bet the white one with black tipped wings is going to be pretty!!

1 looks white and I think the rest are some variation of silver partridge (also called gray) but it is hard to tell at this stage.

Back
Top Bottom