Silkies Not Eating or Drinking

SussexChicks

In the Brooder
6 Years
Feb 13, 2013
What can I do as my 2 Silkie chicks are not eating and drinking. The feed store that I bought them at buys their chicks from Ideal Hatchery and I don't know where else I can find Silkie chicks at. Any help would be appreciated

You can find Silkie chicks at most hatcheries. I have a bunch coming from Cackle soon.

As for your current chicks, have you tried dipping their beaks in the water to encourage them to drink? Sprinkling feed on a paper towel helps encourage them to exercise their natural instinct and peck at the ground too. If they are just laying around and have no interest in anything it might be too late though.
sad.png

Try wetting their feed to a soupy consistency and syringe feeding it to them. They may not have eaten or drank at the store so they could be weak. Syringe feeding them will help them gain strength so they can start feeding themselves. Feed them every couple of hours until they perk up. Good luck- you'll probably have to really work on them!
Nikki

It'll take them a while to perk up. Are you giving it every couple of hours, checked temp to make sure its not too hot, ect?
I hope they get better for you!
Nikki

so sorry about your chicks! don't give up keep feeding until they get there strength up. is there any more symptoms like excessive sleepiness, head hanging down, ruffled feathers, if yes you might have cocci on your hands in that case get corid mix dose with water and administer it to the chicks with feeding syringe. corid kills ALL strains of cocci while other meds only kill certain strains. not all cocci will cause bloody stool so look for the other symptoms. if yes please act fast with the corid. hope this helps

They sleep constantly but they refuse to eat. They show signs of interest of food but they don't eat

Back
Top Bottom