Silkies Of A Different Color

where did you get your salmon??!!! i love the color.
love.gif

I was hoping somebody can please give me some insight on what colors my chicks may be?

I've posted in a few threads but I haven't gotten many replies.. actually have only gotten one.

The backyard hobbyist/breeder sold them to me as "paint" but somebody told me they definitely aren't ):
Regardless, I love them. I'm just really curious what they could be.
Someone else was super curious and told me to go back to buy the other chick to see how they'd look when they grew out.

Supposedly this is the mother, but the breeder had more than one hen in the pen.

This is the dad.

This is Alaska:

This is Aspen:
(There's some.. copper [?] popping out does that maker her a he? Please tell me it's too early to tell!)

I think they are partridge? The white throws me off though.. Anybody have any guesses?!

Last edited:
What did your first one end up looking like?! My two chicks look exactly like that when they hatched from the breeder!

They turned out to be grey partridges. I sold them, but I kept the lasts one, which ended up being a porcelain rooster. Very pretty!

I have this odd colored chick that came from my golden laced smooth sizzle hen. He hatched out mostly all white and gradually started to get color. Has anyone hatched out a chick like this before??

this is his mom

I hatched my first mixed color batch of silkies and spent several weeks wondering what colors they would come out. I spent a lot of time on BYC looking at other pictures of babies and how they ended up. I know I have some more growing to go and I don't have a final answer on some but they are now 9 weeks old and full of surprises for me. I'm showing them at one day old and again at 8 weeks old so maybe someone else can get an idea of where their odd colored chicks might end up.

#1 one was taupe gray chick with partridge marking. He's now a gray with black moorcap and very small amount of gray penciling on wings. #2 was an almost white undercoat with a little taupeish buff shading when born. He's now maybe a red paint(?) with red splotches all over white background with a llittle very distinct cuckoo red bars just starting to come in on wings saddle and hackles. #3 was pure white and is now developing black paint markings- more every day. #4 is a show girl born a funny taupe tan color with a darker taupe shading down her back -shes now a very light splotchy gray with back and white on wings (somebody called her frost but thats a new term to me). #5 was a very light partridge baby complete with chipmunks stripes on back- hes now white undercoat- dandelion yellow shading on body and blue shading on head . Very light like a porcelain but not really lavender shading?. #6 was born a light blue but is a darker blue now - in contrast to #7 my very bald showgirl- I was 100% positive she was black when born but now shes an even dark blue. #8 was born off- whitish with a what I wondered if might be a lavender cast - now at 8 weeks its more of a soft champagne taupe shading. I don't know if this helps anyone trying to figure out crazy newborn colors but it was interesting to me.

Back
Top Bottom