Silkies Of A Different Color

Pics
Beautiful and I love your garden too.
I think type is rolling right along nicely.

Here is a lavender and a pearl silkie side by side. Lavender is not pure, carries blue and the pearl is silver

oliverandviolet001.jpg

Quote:
how do u know he carries blue
most lavenders are blck with 2 lavender genes a blue with 2 lavender gene well look pure lavender as long as u breed her to black to make splits or lavenders that carry blue u well not run in to problems

Last edited:
Quote:
most lavenders are blck with 2 lavender genes a blue with 2 lavender gene well look pure lavender as long as u breed her to black to make splits or lavenders that carry blue u well not run in to problems

Indeed "most" lavender are based on Black E/E but nothing stands in the way to have other genes involved, as for example Blue, in the same subject.

was test bred with blue and and hatched splash

Pearls, heavy silver from silver whites, breeding away from recessive white. For crisp whites, they have emerged in some flocks

Do you have any pictures of gray pearls, or know of a link to pics? Color sounds quite interesting.​

Quote:
was test bred with blue and and hatched splash

Pearls, heavy silver from silver whites, breeding away from recessive white. For crisp whites, they have emerged in some flocks

Do you have any pictures of gray pearls, or know of a link to pics? Color sounds quite interesting.

Ah ok, I saw the one on the right have the beack blue so she couldn't be a bird based on E/E as lavenders are but she must have eb/eb as the recessive whites have.
Gray pearls is the hobbyname use in Europe for lavenders (in Dutch parelgrijs) they are as your one on the left (E/E lav/lav)

I have an other "new" coloration in my Silkies, the Silver Quail blackheads (testa nera)
112860_wstype.jpg

detail of the roo blackhead
112860_moorkop2.jpg

112860_dsc04729.jpg

detail of the hen blackhead
112860_11moorkop.jpeg

Ah ok, I saw the one on the right have the beack blue so she couldn't be a bird based on E/E as lavenders are but she must have eb/eb as the recessive whites have

yes.

Silver quail blackheads am I seeing melanzined columbian in the mix?
both look void of any off colors, I have seen many females like this here but not males as your pictured.

How old is the male if I may ask?

looks void of autosomal red and pencilling​

actually I retract this
but not males as your pictured.

I have a friend that has spent many years working just on grays and compared pics I have of her boys and see similarities​

either hobby chocolate (dun/khaki) or recessive sex link chocolate both can be bred out to black.
Dun/kahaki acts like blue/splash and RS chocolate requires both parents carrying the gene to express it on both males and females:)

Back
Top Bottom