Silkie's poop alot?

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by Redneckmother, Jan 27, 2012.

1. Redneckmother

Redneckmother New Egg

Oct 19, 2011
    Hi! I have 5 and 6 week old Silkie Chicks. They currently live in a cage in my house. My daughter and I like to get them out and handle them and let them roam. Thankfully I have all tile. Those little birds poop ALOT! Is this normal? Has anyone else experience this?

2. FlockHappy

FlockHappy Out Of The Brooder

Jan 5, 2011
    North Carolina
    I never had silkies. But generally, I thought all birds poop a lot. It seems like they have an endless supply and they poop without warning. When I was raising my dominiques inside, I had to keep napkins handy whenever I took them out their box.

3. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    Growing chicks eat, drink, play, sleep, and POOP. [​IMG]

4. Peachesbabychick

Peachesbabychick Chillin' With My Peeps

I have experienced this!!! I have to silkies currently housed in my garage..... and they poop more then any of my other birds!!! I am not being sarcastic!

I feel your pain!

5. teach1rusl

teach1rusl Love My Chickens

Hmmm...I haven't noticed my silkies pooping any more than my other birds. I use dropping boards (which I scrape daily), so I certainly notice who poops what and how much...lol.

6. PtldChick

PtldChick Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 15, 2011
    Portland, OR
    All chickens poop a lot!

7. P'Fowls

P'Fowls Out Of The Brooder

Mar 2, 2011
    Dahlonega, Ga
    I to have silkies in the grow out pens and they are no different than my lemon cuckoo orps or red sussex in there with them. They all poop alot!

Last edited: Jan 31, 2012

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by