Silkies "Silver Gene" in white

Quote:
Dena You know us!!!!! Come a few blocks from your house and see in person!!!!!!!! You would love the geese you put us on!!!They are Great!! I can show you the roo too...I can stop by anytime in the afternoo if you and hubby would like to follow!!!

Well HEY!!!!

Are these related to mine?
I hatched these back in the Spring and they ALL turned out white.

SANY9471.jpg

These are Lavander. Someone ask about Lav chick pics:
SANY5896.jpg
Lavs with Quail (same age)

LavenderSilkies.jpg

Last years Lavs, I only kept one of these girls Bubble

SANY6539.jpg

Bubble

Bubble.jpg

Bubble last winter

Denasfarm,

Hey again neighbor...The chics you posted do look a lot like my chics with the "silver gene". I could have just stopped by and asked you LOL. I was the one that wanted to see a pic of a young lavender and again you have them! I did not know you had lavenders. It seems all your silkies hide when we stop by LOL. As for our whites being related they are not....unless your stock came frome someone else in Alabama. We did buy a Partridge and a Buff chic from you but those are the only two silkies we got from you. We mostly bought EE eggs and 3 EE hens...Now we are over run with EEs not to mention bantam EEs. You were the one that made me think about EE silkies! It is very doable. Have you had any success yet? Until I get a bearded EE silkie(I don't care about the color) I have not succeeded. I have a Bantam EE Roo I will give to you if like. Sorry Moderator I am way off topic
sad.png

I have made many EE/Silkie crosses just for fun. I have not bred them back until they are silkie feathered again. They have always end up with black feathered legs, 5 toes, and walnut combs. They tend to have very light and fluffy soft under feathering with flat normal outer feathers. I currently have two crossed hens, one white and one blue/tan. They both lay green eggs. I can put them in with one of the Silkie roos and give you the eggs to hatch as a project! (I promised my Husband I wouldnt hatch anymore (unless a hen does it) until Springtime. (Do you know how hard that is? ME not hatching??)

How did the Partridge and Buff turn out? The one partridge I kept out of that bunch is gorgeous! Dark face and wattles, just beautiful.
I am pretty sure its a roo but not 100% yet.
We will have to get together and compare birds next time I am off.

If you all are in N. AL chances are that's my blood line with the white/gray chicks. They are spread far and wide in S TN and N. AL.

Quote:
All our chickens came from AL or FL and a few from NY none from TN, Sorry, But that could be a thing too! Keep in touch! your chickens could well be part of this!!!!!I am trying to not name names or blaming blames
big_smile.png

Paul

Last edited:
Denasfarm,

The two silkies I bought are doing great! They will serve their purpose in my breeding program (Real APA bearded Partridge) beautiful chics! I am still in need of more buffs. We should email or call on the phone ( or just visit!) because I don't won't to be offensivly off topoc.
hmm.png
I would love to swap Chickens or borrow with you!

BTW we hatched a beautiful french marans hen from one of the eggs we bought she has great feathering on her legs for a full sized chicken! Both me and my wife work for MBUSA, long story short if things work out there will be full sized european silkies in AL soon!! I already have a roo but no hens!!! I have friends across the pond! Du hast mich Yah?

Paul

Last edited:
I would LOVE to have some standard size silkies! (with the silver gene (staying on topic here) Du hast mich ? The song by Rammstien? You have me?
PM me and we shall get together.

Hi... I'm new to the forum, so be gentle please! I have a flock of blue partridge silkies that I am totally happy with and a flock of buff silkies that again, I'm totally happy with. I am really liking the gray/silver partridges. I realize this thread has not been posted to in some time but genetics is my down fall! In reading this thread I noticed talk of a silver gene. I know this is an open question, but really, there is a "silver" gene? Also, I'd be interested in knowing what types of breeding combos might produce silver partridge...

Thanks,
Donna

Back
Top Bottom