Silkies - They’re simply SPECTACULAR!

Trying to get a head-count on silkie lovers...

• ME! - I like silkies!

Votes: 790 96.0%
  • ^

Votes: 95 11.5%

• Total voters
What does everyone think about Showgirl Silkies ?
Temperament : are they like silkies in temperments
Care : do they have special care needs
I want to raise some or purchase some in the spring
Any advice or thoughts are welcome .
I have some & love them. Be careful-- they're addicting! They're no different than my other Silkies-- one is a big boss in the coop and the other is sweet & submissive. Both are friendly toward humans and just a joy to have around. I can't get over their beauty! I live in upstate NY and winters are cold here. I didn't own them this winter, but they must have done fine in their normal coop, cuz there are no signs of frost bite on either one. I'm sure they just tuck in and snuggle up when it's below freezing.

Attachments

• blk showgirl.JPG
    blk showgirl.JPG
    25.4 KB · Views: 2
  • choc Showgirl.JPG
    choc Showgirl.JPG
    28.2 KB · Views: 2
I have some & love them. Be careful-- they're addicting! They're no different than my other Silkies-- one is a big boss in the coop and the other is sweet & submissive. Both are friendly toward humans and just a joy to have around. I can't get over their beauty! I live in upstate NY and winters are cold here. I didn't own them this winter, but they must have done fine in their normal coop, cuz there are no signs of frost bite on either one. I'm sure they just tuck in and snuggle up when it's below freezing.
What pretty Showgirl you have .I live in Texas so it's the heat I have to worry about . I apparently have 2 Silkie cockerels and want to try next spring to breed Show Girls if my NN chicks are pullets . I'm basically trying to stay with same temperment breed birds . I fell in love with the Silkie breed and ' new ' breeds are researched because I'm never going to give up on my Silkies

What does everyone think about Showgirl Silkies ?
Temperament : are they like silkies in temperments
Care : do they have special care needs
I want to raise some or purchase some in the spring
Any advice or thoughts are welcome .

I'm not allowed anything with a naked neck. Only thing hubby is adamant about. He says all they are missing is a tattoo of a dashed line and "cut here"

I'd think good showgirls are like any other silkie in temperament. All my crossings have got got back to silkie temperament and personality pretty quick in successive generations after breeding back to silkies.

Hi everyone, hope you are well! Make sure you enter the calendar contest, sure would be nice to have a Silkie picture for the month of October again!
2023 BYC Calendar Photo Contest—We Need Your Pictures!

7EB6BD04-D8B5-459E-AC02-B854AC6D434E.jpeg

full

IMG_4560aa.jpg

My two entries of little Molly.

I'm not allowed anything with a naked neck. Only thing hubby is adamant about. He says all they are missing is a tattoo of a dashed line and "cut here"

I'd think good showgirls are like any other silkie in temperament. All my crossings have got got back to silkie temperament and personality pretty quick in successive generations after breeding back to silkies.
I love NN chickens we have a couple that are Polish NN mixes . I want Show Girls to add a verity to my Silkie coop . Also they are so adorable

Back
Top Bottom