Silkies - They’re simply SPECTACULAR!

Trying to get a head-count on silkie lovers...

• ME! - I like silkies!

Votes: 790 96.0%
  • ^

Votes: 95 11.5%

• Total voters
The silkie in the picture is named bobble

Attachments

• 1669A163-AFA9-4B9F-933A-D4F4093A1F44.jpeg
    1669A163-AFA9-4B9F-933A-D4F4093A1F44.jpeg
    736 KB · Views: 3
Maybe a visual will help. My hubby didn't even remember what a punnett square was until I showed him this. Please excuse my bad printing. I don't write by hand much.

View attachment 3215370
Oh you went to so much extra to do this for me! I sure appreciate it!!! I'm saving it so that I can refer back to it.
Ya know how some people just don't get it no matter what ya do...I'm afraid I might be one of those.
I think it's the letters and numbers that throw me off.
I've seen a few charts that show the chickens even (lol) and I still struggle.
I need to just let it go and have fun.
But in that process I cannot get stuck with tons of babies!!!
Again thank you soooo very much for going above n beyond to try and help me get it!

Wait, are those earlobes enhanced???? If not.. hmm.. could you make one more separate coop?? 😍
I do have a small coop empty 😄 ... I am organising to pick him up today or tomorrow :wee
hopefully he'll get along in my flock so I won't need to seperate him. They said he's lived in their house for a few months and very tame but now outside with the others he gets picked on ☹️ looks like he has some feather patches on his back maybe from being picked on?

I do have a small coop empty 😄 ... I am organising to pick him up today or tomorrow :wee
hopefully he'll get along in my flock so I won't need to seperate him. They said he's lived in their house for a few months and very tame but now outside with the others he gets picked on ☹️ looks like he has some feather patches on his back maybe from being picked on?
Oh i bet he will be great!! Im so excited!!

Decisions decision.. I've ruled out the dark gray baby, and the white with a few blue splashes.. I really like the two light gray babies.. I hope I hope they are pullets.. Just 7 weeks old now.. and all but one were in the nest with mom last night helping keep her and the eggs warm that she's sitting on.
20220809_112504.jpg
These two..
20220809_111121.jpg

Please be pullets!
The dark gray baby..
20220809_112109.jpg

Mom is on day 17 of the nest hatch with 7 eggs under her, and 1 egg in the incubator from that batch that was just outside the nest, but doing well.

Decisions decision.. I've ruled out the dark gray baby, and the white with a few blue splashes.. I really like the two light gray babies.. I hope I hope they are pullets.. Just 7 weeks old now.. and all but one were in the nest with mom last night helping keep her and the eggs warm that she's sitting on.View attachment 3217132These two..View attachment 3217136
Please be pullets!
The dark gray baby..View attachment 3217138
Mom is on day 17 of the nest hatch with 7 eggs under her, and 1 egg in the incubator from that batch that was just outside the nest, but doing well.
Oh i like the white one w splashes 😍

Back
Top Bottom