Silkies - They’re simply SPECTACULAR!

Trying to get a head-count on silkie lovers...

• ME! - I like silkies!

Votes: 789 96.0%
  • ^

Votes: 95 11.6%

• Total voters
My new boy, Popcorn (that's what the owner had named him so we'll just stick with that)
He's a keeper! Such a friendly boy. So far I have just introduced him behind a fence. Hens have checked him out but nobody seems concerned so I may put him in the coop tonight and see how he goes. He's only 4 months old so maybe they don't see him as a threat.
Any ideas what offspring he may produce if I pair him with one of my orange girls? More orange babies!? 🧡 If I pair him with others of mine is it likely outcome could be anything with some orange leakage?
View attachment 3217779View attachment 3217780
View attachment 3217781
One 4m old cockerel (above pic) of mine had a look but no problems.

View attachment 3217782
The ladies gathered round 😅View attachment 3217783View attachment 3217784View attachment 3217785
He’s beautiful and has the orange coloring you’ve been looking for! Congrats on your new fella!😍

They only chick I kept this year so far, little Kai who is seven weeks old now.
Was hoping she would feather in the lighter blue and she is feathering in nicely.
I was pretty sure she hatched out of Kana’s egg and now she’s starting to get a few brown feathers in her crest, so this makes sense. Wonder how much partridge will come through on her. She is the full sibling then to Kumori.
She is going to be a small bird and still hangs with her mama, Himawari.😊
E8E64EC9-9BF7-4E39-B93F-4F2DA7BA5616.jpeg
1A7F7653-ED9C-418C-80D8-3FF4A4F6962D.jpeg

This popped up on my Facebook memories from 4 years ago. Mighty hen with her kill. She got it good behind the head.

Screenshot_20220812-145100_Chrome.jpg

My silkies will go after rats even if the large fowl run away. They have killed several over the years. My german shepherd adjusts her own killing techniques to make sure she doesn't harm a bird when the silkies join her.

This popped up on my Facebook memories from 4 years ago. Mighty hen with her kill. She got it good behind the head.

View attachment 3220927

My silkies will go after rats even if the large fowl run away. They have killed several over the years. My german shepherd adjusts her own killing techniques to make sure she doesn't harm a bird when the silkies join her.
Wow! Amazing they can do it with the obscured vision of fluffy crests! Rats/mice are fast!
I have only seen my Silkies ignore mice or rats (or just not see them), never go after for a kill!! Wish they would though I'm sure there's a mouse or 2 running around 😩

He’s beautiful and has the orange coloring you’ve been looking for! Congrats on your new fella!😍
Thank you! He's gorgeous and yes the colour I love!
When I saw pic him I just knew I couldn't resist taking him in!
Strangely enough he looks to be head boy with Biscuit, they crow together and even Biscuit moves alway and allows him to eat! No fighting, just respect 😄 I've never seen integration be so easy! With Popcorn being only 4 months old I'm hoping he'll be able to grasp the mating technique for Spring babies!

Back
Top Bottom