Silkies - They’re simply SPECTACULAR!

Trying to get a head-count on silkie lovers...

• ME! - I like silkies!

Votes: 791 96.0%
  • ^

Votes: 96 11.7%

• Total voters
Hey yall.
My good friend from high school gave me this little fella (i think fella).
I thought about keeping him, possibly...
I think he may be a satin/silkie cross???
Any ideas??
20220929_135850.jpg

Hey yall.
My good friend from high school gave me this little fella (i think fella).
I thought about keeping him, possibly...
I think he may be a satin/silkie cross???
Any ideas??View attachment 3275445
Interesting photo. 😊
To have silkied feathers he has to be at least 75% Silkie, though he appears to be less Silkie than this. Also no crest and quite leggy. Maybe he is another breed or mixed breed with a Silkied feather mutation? Do you know its age and size? Do you have other photos?🤔

Interesting photo. 😊
To have silkied feathers he has to be at least 75% Silkie, though he appears to be less Silkie than this. Also no crest and quite leggy. Maybe he is another breed or mixed breed with a Silkied feather mutation? Do you know its age and size? Do you have other photos?🤔
Maybe cochin heavy? He doesn't exactly have to be 75% silkie, he just has to be lucky enough to have two parents that carry at least one silkie gene to each give him one

Got my bantam cochin eggs in mail today...I just luv it when they send extras!!!

Yall Bluey has a new home...if they show tomorrow night he'll be getting his own flock!

And Joey...well his new feathers coming in are beautiful!!! And his shape and size has always been what I want in a Satin...much like Lizzy is! And they come from the same flock too. I think I'm gonna keep him!

Maybe cochin heavy? He doesn't exactly have to be 75% silkie, he just has to be lucky enough to have two parents that carry at least one silkie gene to each give him one
Yes, of course. Didn’t think that one through. 🤪
I breed Polkies on occasion and I always breed 1st gen back to a Silkie and not to another 1st gen. So my second gen are always 75% Silkie.

Back
Top Bottom